• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cold Calling Trick

Professional should not resort to "tricks".....

When I was first licensed, (nearly 100 yrs ago), one of my running rates was a semi-professional magician. He could get us into more doors by doing a magic trick or 20... if the prospect was amused by his antics, and not all were, but if receptive they would always demand more... it was a terrific ice breaker. I wish that I had the talent... The tricks no doubt made some sales, but of course with what we were selling back then, (heavily loaded endowment policies pkg'd into a retirement plan; yikes), we needed magic to unload those deals. :goofy:

Sorry Justin. Got to agree with #2. I find it offensive, even if the phrase is commonly used.

When I was growing up the term ni**er was commonly used in the south. Sometimes pejoratively, sometimes not.

Even though blacks will use the term freely in conversation, I feel it is derogatory.

x2. I find that terminology to be extremely offensive and I am personally offended!

Most of the time when agents are cold calling they start off by telling the prospect their name and who they are with, but I want you to rethink this and try to not to start off telling them who you are.

We say things like “Hey, this is Mark Rosenthal with Rosenthal Financial Services.”

Let me tell you what the client hears. "Hey you don’t know me but I’m trying to sell you something".

It is those first couple of seconds they will decide to hang up on you or listen to you.

I’ve notice that if you don’t tell them who you are in the beginning they stay on the phone longer and listen more to you to figure out who you are.

One of the scripts that I use is “Is Mary there? Hey Mary, I’m going to be in your area this week helping some of your neighbors with a free $1,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment policy and free living will kit and wanted to see if I could stop by and help you also. I’m Mark Rosenthal a local insurance agent and I would love to meet you and help you.

I was talking more about how you can switch it around and less about the script. Just simply by changing the timing of when you introduce yourself you can get more business.

How about...

Mary, I'd be SHOCKED if you were in the market for (product) but I would like to come by, share some ideas, and show you what kind of work I do incase sometime in the future you are in the market... Hey you might think of me...

That's my money maker-

Try all the different ways available out there but eventually you have to come up with your own spiel and your own unique way of saying that spiel. I'm sure Mark has his own unique way of saying his script that no one else can copy.

How about...

Mary, I'd be SHOCKED if you were in the market for (product) but I would like to come by, share some ideas, and show you what kind of work I do incase sometime in the future you are in the market... Hey you might think of me...

That's my money maker-

Which product ?

On average you set 10 appointments, how many will you sell?

It looks like a good response to "I'm not interested"

Back