Comparative Rater

No doubt that in CA, FSC is the gold standard. Problem is, they charge as if its the gold standard.

I think quomation just rushed out their CA product. I assumed they would get this fixed pretty quickly, sounds like they haven't. I haven't looked at it in over a year.

Dan

No doubt that in CA, FSC is the gold standard. Problem is, they charge as if its the gold standard.

I think quomation just rushed out their CA product. I assumed they would get this fixed pretty quickly, sounds like they haven't. I haven't looked at it in over a year.

Dan

Well I have to say if one product cost 230 bucks and gets the job done and another one 100 bucks and it does not get the job done then what is everyone complaining about??? Invest a cup of coffee worth of technology for your sales people to be successful guys! Or you can let the gecko and flow put you out of biz....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Strange that the problems are in Cali. I was always told that the inaccuracies involving comparative raters have to do with running credit. Isn't Cali one of the two states that ban running credit?

The issue is not CA the issue is there are over 200 auto markets in CA that change all the time. You can't just roll into town like its Las Vegas and think you're going to steal the show. FSC spent 30 years building a rock solid product. Why do you think freeway ins and hundreds others built their back end systems around it? If you are willing to risk YOUR biz and kids future for one OK night out a month (about $100 difference) them right ahead! More money for meeeee!!!!!
In reality, there are only a few. Call them and talk to the vendors. There is no single answer, they have their pros and cons and it depends on your market and how you utilize them.

For instance, do you want web-based or run locally? Makes a difference. Do you have a management system already or are you in that market as well?

Call ez-lynx
quomation
FSC (okay, now its vertafore)

and see what works.

Dan

The FSC I know will help you out. His name is tyler and can be reached at 626/552/8224 if you want the facts. Sorry they are vertafore now.
What is the best comparative rater? We have Safeco, Travelers, Progressive, and Pacific Specialty. We are starting from scratch in California.

FSC Rater if you want to quote fast and be a player in your area.

Quomation if you are cheep and have another income since your biz will not provide much

EZLinks if you are 90% commercial and only need to quote a few times a month and don't do any non standard.

Last edited:
isnt everything in Cali screwed up??

So true. I didn't know insurance was as bad as their economy and everything else there.
I use EZ Lynx. They may not be the cheapest but they integrate well and are easy to use. I tried Silver Plume. Wouldn't recommend that route. Couldn't remarket existing clients with our management system and they never bother to tell me that...

Last edited:
I used FSC and then switched to Ezlynx because it was less expensive and we were primarily a commercial shop. Now that we are growing our personal lines and have switched to AMS 360, we are back with FSC. It is slightly more expensive but worth it.

Back