Coventry/Aetna and Missing Commissions

BillPA

Is anyone else having issues collecting commission from Coventry/Aetna on individual health insurance policies written for 2016?

They have sent me $1.00 each month in 2016 for policies written and issued for 2016. (That's not $1.00 per policy, but $1.00 for all policies)

I have submitted their spreadsheet for missing commissions, but get the polite run-around when trying to get an idea on when I should hear back.

I anyone else having similar issues?

Same here. Sent the same damn spreadsheet over 2 months ago, and still not paid on about 7 policies. Each month, I wait with anticipation when commission statement rolls out. Rejected today again. This is my sad life. :no:

I have about 50 members (total) with Aetna and Coventry and have been paid, on average, on about 90% of the commissions they owe me on a monthly basis.

I've been paid at a much higher level by the other companies so don't have the need or interest in chasing down the extra money, it isn't enough for me to worry about (it averages about $100 a month).

If they weren't paying me at all I'd be all over them-from experience their commissions reps are pretty responsive, you just need to remind them sometimes.

I refuse to call a 7th time.............

Or the 8th or the 9th or the 10th...:no::no::no::no::no:

Just not worth the effort.

I had a ridiculous situation with Cigna in one state where my agency wasn't appointed and they didn't pay me on a case for 18 months, I must have called 20 times about it and gave up. Cigna's local rep set it up that way and no one caught it nor was I ever notified. I eventually put them in my personal 'penalty box' and didn't write business for them in any state.

When I saw their 2017 Florida rates are pretty much unchanged I decided that it was important enough to fix so called them a couple of months ago. This time I was told I could simply recontract directly instead of through my agency (I own the agency, it's one person) and not only got the change made on the one case but they paid me for 18 months retroactively. I have no idea why no one at Cigna (including my *** rep) suggested that last year. :goofy:

Sometimes you just get lucky, I guess...

I am finally getting paid for all my client's with Coventry. Of course now they are doing away with them and making everyone change plans for 2017. My upline has been proactive getting all my Members paid out since if I don't get paid they don't get paid.

I am about ready to file a complaint with the insurance commission or unpaid commissions. I filed their spreadsheet queries several months ago and it seems to be a waste of time.

How many of you used the Aetna/Coventry carrier connect link to enroll your clients in plans?

All of mine were enrolled using that method, I wonder if that helps with the commission side.

Good Morning All,

I'm not having any issues with getting paid
BUT

I'm concerned about OEP that's approaching. Should I bother to get

certified?? Are we going to get paid at a decent level again ( 6% )

Does anyone know when we'll hear? I won't work for 0-2% just not worth

the hassle or liability.

What is everyone planning to do for OEP this year.?

Looking forward to all your thoughts.

:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back