Dave Ramsey is Back in Atlanta

His target audience seems to be under 40, reasonably well educated piss-poor money managers. Don't listen to him that often but sometimes I get tired of Clark Howard's drivel and will switch over.

Seems like every time I do there are some DINK's with $250,000 in student loans working for $20k/yr each and trying to figure out what to do with their lives.

Maybe if they'd actually work instead of listening to his drivel they wouldn't be in this situation. The only thing worse than talk radio is sports talk radio. Who really cares what Bubba from Dallas, GA thinks about Richt's play calling?

They ought to pipe sports talk radio into Gitmo 24/7, they'll break inside a day.

Rush is as big a blowhard as they come. You would think his deafness and drug scandal would have taught him some humility.

I agree. I have always been a 33%r on Rush. 33% is "Right on Rush!" 33% is "What a bunch of bloviating BullSh1t" 33% is "Wow, This guys is a marketing genius" I used to like Sean when his show was more "fair and balanced". Now it is "Jeez Us! Shut the hell up! Quit screamin." This does not mean that I do not agree with some of what they say. But jeez us quit screamin!

There might be more to this story. Maybe Dave's agent just really sucks, or maybe he thought he was smart enough to do it himself and is learning it's a lot tougher than it looks.

Being from New England I had never even heard of Dave before someone else in the industry brought him up at a meeting I was at--actually a prospect had mentioned reading his book to me before this, but I blew off that part of the conversation because he used the words "religion" and "finance" in the same sentence and the only think I could think of was Robert Tilton.

Actually, they aren't all that different when you think about it.

Suze Orman is no better. She is against agents who drive to meet with people as it shows a lack of success.

.....Actually, they aren't all that different when you think about it.

There is a certain truth in that statement. Tilton and Ramsey remind me of each other in certain ways.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Suze Orman is no better. She is against agents who drive to meet with people as it shows a lack of success.

I agree. Suze is no better.

Last edited:

Suze is correct!

I require all clients to come to me and bring me gifts. I also make them wait in the waiting room while I eat grapes and have loud personal phone conversations about what a big deal I am. This goes on for at least 90-minutes past our scheduled appointment time.

Anything less is a sign of desperation.

Suze is correct!

I require all clients to come to me and bring me gifts. I also make them wait in the waiting room while I eat grapes and have loud personal phone conversations about what a big deal I am. This goes on for at least 90-minutes past our scheduled appointment time.

Anything less is a sign of desperation.

Why do you waste so much time? I simply have the secretary take their checkbook from them upon entering the building. She determines how much is in the account and has them write a check for the annual premium on the spot. Only after the check is written do they get to speak with me. Cuts down on the riff-raff.

Back