• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Does any good dental plan cover inplants

Most coverage limits are going to be oriented toward the $2500 number (maybe with combo, aggregage, family, etc.). Quality implants cost far more than that. You might find a % coverage, or something of the like...they cover 20% or 50%...but up to the max coverage amount. Good luck!

I thought Manhattan life does but apparently they do not

And is in addition does any count previous cov towards waiting periods?

I would still want to know if ones do not

The plans that do allow waiver of waiting periods for prior coverage may have different requirements.

(the following comment is what I remember from 3 years ago, I have not taken the time to check it out for sure.)
As a for instance, back when I had the three plans, BCBSKS looked for coverage that included Major Services that had been in force for 12 months prior to the effective date of the BCBS coverage. (They might have allowed a 30 day gap in coverage, I don't remember for sure.)

Delta Dental KS only looked for 30-90 days of prior coverage. ( I don't remember the exact number of days, I also don't remember if they also allowed for a 30 day gap.)

I think I have been told Aetna has a prior coverage waiver. You might take a look at their plans for premiums, networks, implant coverage, major service waiting periods, and their requirements to waive the waiting periods. As a non-agent I can't get any Aetna info without going through an agent.

Most coverage limits are going to be oriented toward the $2500 number (maybe with combo, aggregage, family, etc.). Quality implants cost far more than that. You might find a % coverage, or something of the like...they cover 20% or 50%...but up to the max coverage amount. Good luck!

The employer group plans and individual plans I've looked at have been more in the $1,000 to $1,500 level.

My business bank account would be a bit larger if I didn't talk everyone that asks about dental, OUT of buying dental.
There you go.

Sell Dental Insurance and High Deductible Medigap and you will be able to retire in no time.

The Manhsttan plan goes up to $5K per year.

Implants are for people that can afford to pay cash for them... Getting them in the US or even Mexico is very expensive and getting them through insurance is a waste of time unless you need like 1 implant. My partner actually traveled to Thailand to get hers done $35k for the entire mouth, would have been 50k out here in the US.

The Manhsttan plan goes up to $5K per year.

Got it. I am so far out of that marketplace, LOL. I sold my group company years ago, and today outsource ALL my group business. I never heard of them and have no idea if they are any good, so it might be worth checking out for the OP. All the best!

Sorry to hear. I can't tell you who my group guy uses, but when coupled with the group health, I thought the limits were higher. Good luck!
They very well could be. I suspect your groups and the coverage they are willing to afford are significantly different from my work experiences.

Back