Does WFG's IUL Return 9.35%?

She'll leave you alone.

Actually, she probably won't but still worth a shot.

Lol. I had another life agent that I would see at mixers that was coming up to me and lying to me about how much tax free money I could make with a whole life policy. The unfortunate truth is that by engaging him and calling him a liar it just made him more aggressive, until I asked for his license number so I could report him to the DOI, then he stopped. I think he might have actually even believed the lies he was telling.

It's unfortunate, life insurance is a tough sale, and most agents have to be pretty aggressive and creative to figure out how to put food on the table and feed their family. Unfortunately in my experience that translates into lying and manipulating the truth. I have a large account I am working on right now that I may not get because I'm not willing to do anything underhanded or dishonest. Fortunately my ability to sleep at night is more important than the commissions from that sale, and I have plenty of other deals I WILL get because of my good reputation.

Last edited:
Lol. I had another life agent that I would see at mixers that was coming up to me and lying to me about how much tax free money I could make with a whole life policy. The unfortunate truth is that by engaging him and calling him a liar it just made him more aggressive, until I asked for his license number so I could report him to the DOI, then he stopped. I think he might have actually even believed the lies he was telling.

It's unfortunate, life insurance is a tough sale, and most agents have to be pretty aggressive and creative to figure out how to put food on the table and feed their family. Unfortunately in my experience that translates into lying and manipulating the truth.
It's hard but not that hard if you market to buyers rather than trying to sell everyone.

Buy leads, advertise, generate leads via webites, network, referrals, COIs, etc...just look for people who are interested.

You obviously aren't interested and she should have moved on but you're right, some agents just have commission breath.

Being aggressive is just a "win the battle, lose the war" situation.

Only a matter of time before this IUL bullshit becomes the latest industry scandal. Sell life insurance (whole life and term), leave the securities to the stockbrokers.:idea:

Only a matter of time before this IUL bullshit becomes the latest industry scandal. Sell life insurance (whole life and term), leave the securities to the stockbrokers.:idea:
Don't disagree about the implosion but IUL isn't a security and stockbrokers are the last people I'd want designing my IUL.

You can properly structure an IUL to perform under almost any condition just like you can oversell a whole life policy that a client will lapse in year 3.

How about: "work with people who know what they're doing in their profession"

Don't disagree about the implosion but IUL isn't a security and stockbrokers are the last people I'd want designing my IUL.

You can properly structure an IUL to perform under almost any condition just like you can oversell a whole life policy that a client will lapse in year 3.

How about: "work with people who know what they're doing in their profession"
That's the problem. Most agents aren't like you and people don't know what the hell they bought. I mean, how many people never move their money out of the "fixed" drawer?:err:

I enjoyed this thread. All products are designed to solve a problem for someone who wants as much gain as possible that is not the product for them. Someone who wants a better than average return and doesn't want any downside than your cooking with hot grease.

Back