• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Door Knocking City Versus Rural

that's admirable as heck and sure a ton of work but that's just not the way to sell. Selling is about convincing somebody who have just a little bit of interest in your product to buy it. If every 100 people you see you sell 1 or 2 that would take 1-2 days and very un productive.
different strokes.... i guess.

I agree that to survive in these modern times, you need to have multiple marketing channels constantly churning into your sales funnel, but the point is where do you get the money to get all that going when your starting out broke?

My website, marketing materials, and direct mail campaign efforts are all being bootstrapped by good ol' fashioned door to door prospecting!

I work the cities. I work off a marketing list very tight (a zip code at a time.) I work missionary style (on a bicycle) because I can make 80-100 stops a day without any gas cost! (Just breakfast & a packed lunch)

The problem is, your considered less of a professional because (especially during the summer months,) people tend of think of door to door people as "the kid hawking lawn care services, or great deals on satellite TV"

Just this Saturday, some lady shooed me off the porch, but said, "Do you get credit if i sign your paper or something?" "No Ma'm...I'm a professional!"

I've ran canvassing crews before, we started at the top of the state and worked all the way down. (grid to grid) Rural areas are never knocked by the van crews because it's hard to drop a canvasser off and have them walk farm to farm!

This is how my up-line built their books of business! (Back then it was selling blue collar accidental DI to farmers.)

This is where I would start if I ever get rid of my truck and got something that gets more than 12 miles per gallon!

Sounds like Combined..............:yes:

Cleanstrings...this is sarcasm...FTR.

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH dadgumbit, let him earn his wings:D

----------

I'll be staying in Peachtree City this week if you would like to grab a beer and talk shop.

Cool, maybe I can head that way one day, your about an hour away. I only drink with Gooner (he is a bad influence on me:D). But really I dont drink but I can drink coffee and talk shop:yes:

combined insurance. those were some very hard miles on my brand new Supra. Stop and go rural driving down dusty roads where every other house had a dog that would pee on your tires!

Back