Door Knocking is Powerful

Initially, it was a love/hate thing for me. I DK'd only because I was not yet efficient at setting appointments. As that changed, with experience, I set my appointments and would book up full days and with little to NO door DK'ing. Eventually, I was working enough leads to justify an appointment setter. At that point, making $$ from full days of appointments, I didn't door knock for 4 to 5 weeks at a time. When the appointment bubble burst, and my setter burnt out, it was time door knock until I could find a new one. That was 5 months ago... I got really good at DK'ing, enjoyed the relaxed feel of no set appts, and never looked back. Now I can't imagine having a full schedule of appts every day.

You knock mainly direct mail? How many leads a week do you typically take?

What kinds of things do you do to cut down windshield time, catch people at home see as many people in the same amount of time?

I like to be in the field, DK'ing, no later than 10am. I stay out there til about 7:30pm. Try and find the rhythm of an area. I DK the trailers, houses, and/or apts beside and around the lead. If you do it enough, it becomes as second nature as DK'ing a lead.

Put a number in your head (20 DKs, 8 presentations, what have you) and stick to it for the day, as if it's a game that you're trying to win.

I like to be in the field, DK'ing, no later than 10am. I stay out there til about 7:30pm. Try and find the rhythm of an area. I DK the trailers, houses, and/or apts beside and around the lead. If you do it enough, it becomes as second nature as DK'ing a lead.

Put a number in your head (20 DKs, 8 presentations, what have you) and stick to it for the day, as if it's a game that you're trying to win.

That's awesome. I like DK'ing as well but have never tried hitting the neighbors unless I see them outside. How do you change your approach from DK'ing a DM Response Lead to hitting up the neighbor when you don't know their age and whether they would even be remotely interested? Isn't that just like going door to door instead of using leads?

Ricky Nelson said it best.

If I had to make a livin by knocking doors, I'd rather drive a truck.

But its all right now

That's awesome. I like DK'ing as well but have never tried hitting the neighbors unless I see them outside. How do you change your approach from DK'ing a DM Response Lead to hitting up the neighbor when you don't know their age and whether they would even be remotely interested? Isn't that just like going door to door instead of using leads?

I was with him last week and we did just that. Ill answer in my own words and he can answer in his words. We were dkng an area and the house was empty, we spotted a trailer on the corner, a lady was standing outside the front door looking at us like we were with the DEA, lol. We walked up, asked her initially about the dude living at the other house, she gave us all the gossip, "he dont be staying there anymo, that house be condemned" She was in her early 20's. While we were standing there we could smell the cat piss and old age oozing out the front door, so Posieden stated we had mailed the entire area and they must have got the card but forgot to send it in, we showed card, she yells to her granny and granpapy to come to the door, granny comes to door and lets us in, granpappy rolls out in the chair. End result, Foresters and Gerber, done and done:D

I was with him last week and we did just that. Ill answer in my own words and he can answer in his words. We were dkng an area and the house was empty, we spotted a trailer on the corner, a lady was standing outside the front door looking at us like we were with the DEA, lol. We walked up, asked her initially about the dude living at the other house, she gave us all the gossip, "he dont be staying there anymo, that house be condemned" She was in her early 20's. While we were standing there we could smell the cat piss and old age oozing out the front door, so Posieden stated we had mailed the entire area and they must have got the card but forgot to send it in, we showed card, she yells to her granny and granpapy to come to the door, granny comes to door and lets us in, granpappy rolls out in the chair. End result, Foresters and Gerber, done and done:D

You guys are role models in the industry! Good work

Well done! ?

Anyone ever use a list to knock around a lead? It sounds like you got lucky that the OLD folks were home!

Back