Dropbox- Amazing Free Online File Storage

I've tried using it but all my PDF files for my clients are around 8mb per file. That's the only way I can get them to fax over and look clear when I'm sending in the app but I'm not sure how to reduce them now to take up less space.

Anyone know how?

I've tried using it but all my PDF files for my clients are around 8mb per file. That's the only way I can get them to fax over and look clear when I'm sending in the app but I'm not sure how to reduce them now to take up less space.

Anyone know how?

I have the same problem and I don't want to reduce the resolution of those important documents because I may need them later. Perhaps you could zip the files/folder and then send the zipped file to dropbox.

With my adobe writer. I can just press save as again and over right the file and it will some how reduce the file size everytime. It starts cleaning up the file and resaves it.

Also, however you are scanning them to start with, most of the time, will be some options to scan it as text, photo ..etc,,make sure you are doing the right setting.

I can make 20 pages into 1mb on some settings and 4 pages in 1 mb on others.

Change black/white, zip the folder.

Dropping from color to black/white makes a big difference.

I use dropbox every 30 minutes or so. I have everything stored here because I work from different devices: home, office, iPad, laptop, iPhone.

One of my favorite tools for my biz. Highly recommend to those who don't use it.

I have the same problem and I don't want to reduce the resolution of those important documents because I may need them later. Perhaps you could zip the files/folder and then send the zipped file to dropbox.

I'm using box.net and I tried zip file and transfer but it wouldn't transfer over 100mb.

I think I got 20gigs for free but it sucks that you can't transfer a file over 100mb
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Change black/white, zip the folder.

Dropping from color to black/white makes a big difference.

I pulled up a pdf file and looked all over and can't figure out how to change it to black and white

Last edited:
I use dropbox every 30 minutes or so. I have everything stored here because I work from different devices: home, office, iPad, laptop, iPhone.

One of my favorite tools for my biz. Highly recommend to those who don't use it.

Do you keep client files anymore? How do you reference the info on your clients when on appointments?

Do you keep client files anymore? How do you reference the info on your clients when on appointments?

No. I have a folder for every client in dropbox.

I don't go on appointments. I sell over the phone. However, if I had to, I have 3G on my iPad and iPhone which will allow me to reference dropbox files if I can't connect via WiFi.

All the alternatives listed in this thread work too, however dropbox is the easiest IMO.

Back