Ever Wonder Why Pit Bulls Are Excluded?

This report is not all about a specific breed but more about a specific type owner, without outright saying this.

I was attacked by a roti 4 years ago and was lucky to get the little bit of settlement to pay my medical bills as well as my Beagles. BTW I was attacked in my own fenced in backyard by the neighbor's dog. Guess what? There is now a pit CHAINED UP inside of a 6x6 home made dog lot inside the neighbor's fenced in yard---the same yard the former roti dug out of to get into my fenced in backyard. The owners throw his food to him and I have never witnessed anyone ever touching this pit.

The ONLY GREAT thing about this attack was that I was able to dognap the other dog in the neighbor's yard--a Chow/Lab mix. He is one of a kind because the first 3 years of his ONLY involved watching us life our lives on the other side. He was only socialized and spoken to by my family. He was at my house for a month before the owner called asking about him.

I love Staffordshire Terriers, Boxers, Mastiffs, and American Bull Dogs. I own 2 boxers. However, I would never put 100,000...300,000...1,000,000 on the line and gamble. I also would never let my tenants have any of those breeds. There is no quantifiable way to determine in what type of environment a dog was bred, raised, or kept. Their physical build enables them to do a lot of damage if they snap. So, I believe insurance companies are in the right excluding or implementing sublimits on those breeds. If you want such a breed, then go for it, just dont get pissed when you have to pay more premium for a certain carrier OR for a monline dangerous breed liability policy. I'm actually surprised more insurance companies haven't excluded dog liability all around.

A pit bull almost killed my beagle while i was walking him. These agressive breed events almost always involve a dog off leash. Now i carry bear pepper spray when walking my dog. Trust me on that one. And that's after I talked to the sheriff in the local police.

A pit bull almost killed my beagle while i was walking him. These agressive breed events almost always involve a dog off leash. Now i carry bear pepper spray when walking my dog. Trust me on that one. And that's after I talked to the sheriff in the local police.

You were shown proof of breed identification and lineage to accurately. label the dog in the attack or your dog was attacked by yet another irresponsible owner who had no idea what they owned? Like you stated dog attacks almost always involve a dog off leash. I carry a taser that shoots 15 feet and bear spray specifically for my neighbor's aggressive MUTTS who are always roaming.

Last edited:
The owners told me it was a pitbull puppy and it had broke its leash and that's why it attacked us. We can call the owner irresponsible but there was an accident the dog broke its leash and got loose. the attack occurred and they paid my vet bill my dog is still alive and those dogs should be illegal to own and I'm glad insurance companies would consider declining homeowner coverage of that breed. And there is another case in my town of a girl attacked and died by her own dog. It was an American bull terrier.
I was in an attack and I see exactly what happens. The owners will always defend that breed and if there is an attack it is very difficult for them to control the dog. Those dogs get into a frenzy. Thanks God in my town that if an unleashed dog comes up the police officer and it's off leash and its aggressive the police officer will just take care of it with his firearm. My children will not be visiting the home of their friend if they have a pitbull I can promise you that. Google tori dog attack.
That says it all and it appears there could be a hole in the evaluation system of the Humane Society

Last edited:
Pit bulls kill 4-year-old boy in Detroit | WOODTV.com

DETROIT (AP) — A pack of pit bulls yanked a 4-year-old Detroit boy from his mother, dragged him away and mauled him to death Wednesday, police said.

The boy died from his injuries after the attack in his neighborhood. Police killed three dogs and had a fourth pit bull in custody, Sgt. Cassandra Lewis said.

The attack occurred while the boy was walking with his mother. The dogs crawled through a gap at the bottom of a fence and pounced."

We must all protect ourselves from ISIS and Pitbulls.

In my neighborhood there have been more attacks from dogs than from Isis or criminals. Not sure which P&C insurers with dog breeds but some do I know this. Having a dog capable of doing so much damage is an extreme liability for sure. I know I for one was ignorant until I was involved in the attack. The owner was rather helpless and he was a strong man. When those things get into attack mode there's little anyone can do about it not even the owner.

The owners told me it was a pitbull puppy and it had broke its leash and that's why it attacked us. We can call the owner irresponsible but there was an accident the dog broke its leash and got loose. the attack occurred and they paid my vet bill my dog is still alive and those dogs should be illegal to own and I'm glad insurance companies would consider declining homeowner coverage of that breed. And there is another case in my town of a girl attacked and died by her own dog. It was an American bull terrier.
I was in an attack and I see exactly what happens. The owners will always defend that breed and if there is an attack it is very difficult for them to control the dog. Those dogs get into a frenzy. Thanks God in my town that if an unleashed dog comes up the police officer and it's off leash and its aggressive the police officer will just take care of it with his firearm. My children will not be visiting the home of their friend if they have a pitbull I can promise you that. Google tori dog attack.
That says it all and it appears there could be a hole in the evaluation system of the Humane Society

There's no such breed as an American Bull Terrier. I don't Google dog attacks because the mass information people have been brainwashed with is asinine. Everything you have stated is a result of IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP. Breed identification based off looks is impossible. HSUS and shelters are the biggest problem for all breeds because they make up stories and mislabel dogs to get people to adopt.

Please identify the APBT in this line up

ForumRunner_20151203_203154.jpg

DETROIT (AP) — A pack of pit bulls yanked a 4-year-old Detroit boy from his mother, dragged him away and mauled him to death Wednesday, police said.

The boy died from his injuries after the attack in his neighborhood. Police killed three dogs and had a fourth pit bull in custody, Sgt. Cassandra Lewis said.

The attack occurred while the boy was walking with his mother. The dogs crawled through a gap at the bottom of a fence and pounced."

We must all protect ourselves from ISIS and Pitbulls.

Again where is the proof of lineage and registration papers that show these were in fact APBTs? Without them they are just mutts who have a very poor temperament.

----------

And really? Comparing dog attacks to ISIS? Way to validate your argument although you did reinforce my inherent belief that the lack of breed and overall dog knowledge is almost non-existent in the insurance community.

Back