Experience with Senior Life ?

Correct. They're $34 each and are the best FE leads I've ever worked.

Hey Greg - "best' is in the eyes of the beholder...not to argue.

We BOTH agree that INBOUND calls from TV are the BEST prospects you can get for FE business...(for telesales).

But - it's important to differentiate exactly what type of TV leads SL agents are getting for their $34? Again - this is your business model and it works for your organization.

I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong as I think you posted yourself multiple times, that for $34 you (as an Agent) MAY get any one of these that are filtered through your call center:

1. a live incoming TV call initiated by the caller (but i've heard from one SL agent that it's a "who can grab these fast enough" "most don't get them" scenario)
2. a live transfer by one of your call center people that made an outbound call to a person who called in from the TV earlier...could be minutes..could be hours
3. a live transfer by one of your call center people that made an outbound call to a person who may have called in days or weeks ago

This works if you're running a call center operation and to keep costs down you can take calls 24/7 and also not worry about a true 30 second call buffer...while also getting a big cut of every closed sale...

But - for independent agents, who prefer their independence, and can represent a portfolio of carriers and are free to negotiate top commissions from any IMO or carrier they want...there's an alternative.

We started a co-op advertising group whereby agents/small agencies can now buy into the same INBOUND calls from TV - coming to them live right on the spot like the calls going into the largest carriers and IMOs..

No call center, no intermediary, no hanky panky...just a live in the moment caller with maximum intent to get information about the Final Expense plan right then and there and usually sitting in front of their TV in the comfort of their home (yes they have their banking info handy as they are not out or driving in the car)...

And they have a true 30 second buffer...call doesn't last 30 seconds (no one there, fax noise or wrong number) - not considered a call...

Anyone interested - call me to discuss we're live January 4, 2021. 631-664-7883.

Last edited:

We BOTH agree that INBOUND calls from TV are the BEST prospects you can get for FE business...(for telesales).

But - it's important to differentiate exactly what type of TV leads SL agents are getting for their $34? Again - this is your business model and it works for your organization.

I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong as I think you posted yourself multiple times, that for $34 you (as an Agent) MAY get any one of these that are filtered through your call center:

1. a live incoming TV call initiated by the caller (but i've heard from one SL agent that it's a "who can grab these fast enough" "most don't get them" scenario)
2. a live transfer by one of your call center people that made an outbound call to a person who called in from the TV earlier...could be minutes..could be hours
3. a live transfer by one of your call center people that made an outbound call to a person who may have called in days or weeks ago

This works if you're running a call center operation and to keep costs down you can take calls 24/7 and also not worry about a true 30 second call buffer...while also getting a big cut of every closed sale...

But - for independent agents, who prefer their independence, and can represent a portfolio of carriers and are free to negotiate top commissions from any IMO or carrier they want...there's an alternative.

We started a co-op advertising group whereby agents/small agencies can now buy into the same INBOUND calls from TV - coming to them live right on the spot like the calls going into the largest carriers and IMOs..

No call center, no intermediary, no hanky panky...just a live in the moment caller with maximum intent to get information about the Final Expense plan right then and there and usually sitting in front of their TV in the comfort of their home (yes they have their banking info handy as they are not out or driving in the car)...

And they have a true 30 second buffer...call doesn't last 30 seconds (no one there, fax noise or wrong number) - not considered a call...

Anyone interested - call me to discuss we're live January 4, 2021. 631-664-7883.
Cost?

$53/call. Minimum 25 calls/week.
TRUE :30 (thirty second) buffer - MUST HAVE this buffer for independent agents

Calls coming from TV advertising generated by proven long term leading TV marketing firm: Same supplier for the top buyers of these FE TV calls...like SelectQuote and TranZact...

For example just for AEP alone - they are buying $2 million/day in TV media for their clients...

They do not work with individual agents or tiny agencies that can't take at least 5 concurrent calls from a minimum of 35 states...that's incoming calls at the same time...all of those "small" customers looking for calls - are being referred to our co-op group. We will plug you right into the que.

Senior Life...

If your healthy they have decent rates. But, they have no competitive UW advantages. They run the home office like a “god ol’ boys” club and be warned you can be transferred without your permission to another upline here. Other issues, Senior Life has the ability to pay you fair/normal comp levels but depending on what upline you fall under your levels can vary greatly.

Sure, they have good tech. But overall you can find a lot better product and far more ethical company to work with besides this one.

1. Call is initiated by Ms. Jones. Ms. Jones gives the operator her name, birth date, address, secondary phone #, sometimes even an email address. Before they hang up the operator asks Ms. Jones if she has time to speak with a licensed agent. If Ms. Jones says "yes" then she becomes a live transfer. It is whoever can grab that lead first because once a lead is purchased no one else can get that lead. Leads go to one agent only.

If Ms. Jones says she doesn't have time right now to speak with a licensed agent then she becomes a lead that an agent can call back in 5 min (surprisingly the agent finds out Ms. Jones really did have the time to speak with a licensed agent even though she said "no" to the operator).

2 & 3 are false. I would be the one calling Ms. Jones just a few min or few hours or few days later. Live transfers are leads that are connected to an agent directly from the operator on that same call that Ms. Jones made.

If field agents can successfully work DM leads that are a few weeks old then they can certainly work successfully TV leads just minutes, hours, or days old.

_Remember, none these people initiated anything. They are responding/reacting to an advertisement of some sort: TV, DM, even face book, etc. that came across their path.

_The only lead that is truly initiated by Ms. Jones are the yellow page leads Sr Life has. This is where Ms. Jones went to the phone book on her own, with no reaction to an advertisement, and was actively looking for insurance.

Senior Life...

If your healthy they have decent rates. But, they have no competitive UW advantages. They run the home office like a “god ol’ boys” club and be warned you can be transferred without your permission to another upline here. Other issues, Senior Life has the ability to pay you fair/normal comp levels but depending on what upline you fall under your levels can vary greatly.

Sure, they have good tech. But overall you can find a lot better product and far more ethical company to work with besides this one.

Will other carriers do the following? Maybe so?

_How about for people who are younger than 40 taking insulin?

_How about allowing a mother to take out a plan on her son who is in prison in another state that I'm not even licensed in? And the son doesn't sign anything and is not recorded either.

_How about that 5 year old grand child that has cerebral palsy, MS, and sickle cell anemia?

_Don't forget the Legacy savings that are bundled with every policy and has IMMEDIATE savings....even for the GI plan.

_That crap about being switched to another upline is because someone tried to recruit an agent in a protected territory. The only protected territories are Fl., La., and western quarter of TX. I don't ever hear about problems like that. Only up here.

1. Call is initiated by Ms. Jones. Ms. Jones gives the operator her name, birth date, address, secondary phone #, sometimes even an email address. Before they hang up the operator asks Ms. Jones if she has time to speak with a licensed agent. If Ms. Jones says "yes" then she becomes a live transfer. It is whoever can grab that lead first because once a lead is purchased no one else can get that lead. Leads go to one agent only.

2 & 3 are false. I would be the one calling Ms. Jones just a few min or few hours or few days later. Live transfers are leads that are connected to an agent directly from the operator on that same call that Ms. Jones made.

Thanks Greg...to be clear:

So for $34...as an agent - in scenario 2&3 (never got the live transfer) I may actually be doing outbound dialing to get Ms. Jones back on the phone...could be...hours...days...or weeks later?

What happens if Ms. Jones NEVER answers my call (telesales no door knocking)?

Thanks Greg...to be clear:

So for $34...as an agent - in scenario 2&3 (never got the live transfer) I may actually be doing outbound dialing to get Ms. Jones back on the phone...could be...hours...days...or weeks later?

What happens if Ms. Jones NEVER answers my call (telesales no door knocking)?

You are correct on 2 and 3. If Ms. Jones never answers the phone do what Doug Massi said: (I added a little to it) "Hey Ms. Betty, this is Greg and we have your check ready. Call me at_______between the hours of 9am est and 6pm est. Hurry as they're closing files this week".

And since we're talking tele-sales here, we can not go door knock the "no answer the phone people" the way a field agent could. So if Ms. Jones still will not return my call after I leave the above message she may end up being a "no". But I will continue to call her periodically until either she buys, says "not interested", or the phone is disconnected.

Because a % of people will still never answer the phone my tele-sales closing % will be a little less than field sales. But I can easily more than make up for that lower closing % because with the tele-sales I eliminate the wasted time, driving from point A to point B, to point C, etc. I also eliminate getting porched. I can actually make more profit per hour using tele-sales than field sales. Because I can get in more presentations in a 40 hour week than I ever could with face 2 face, even with more leads being used with tele-sales.

Last edited:
Back