Experience with Senior Life ?

You are correct on 2 and 3. If Ms. Jones never answers the phone do what Doug Massi said: (I added a little to it) "Hey Ms. Betty, this is Greg and we have your check ready. Call me at_______between the hours of 9am est and 6pm est. Hurry as they're closing files this week".

Ok Greg. Maybe if you called her Ms. Jones versus Ms. Betty she'd be more inclined to return the call...LOL...just busting you...

Wow...so again that's a $34 outbound callback (off an original inbound call) - with no guarantee that you'll even have a conversation...enuf said.

To me...$53/incoming call with a 30 second buffer (for bogus calls) when you never have to worry about chasing them down to have a conversation - seems like a bargain...

You guys have a system - there's a pot for every cover...

Ok Greg. Maybe if you called her Ms. Jones versus Ms. Betty she'd be more inclined to return the call...LOL...just busting you...

Wow...so again that's a $34 outbound callback (off an original inbound call) - with no guarantee that you'll even have a conversation...enuf said.

To me...$53/incoming call with a 30 second buffer (for bogus calls) when you never have to worry about chasing them down to have a conversation - seems like a bargain...

You guys have a system - there's a pot for every cover...

For Sr Life agents in 30+ states they can pretty much be guaranteed to work live transfers only, but that's for Mon-Fri., for $34 per transfer. 100% contactable.

That crap about being switched to another upline is because someone tried to recruit an agent in a protected territory. The only protected territories are Fl., La., and western quarter of TX. I don't ever hear about problems like that. Only up here.

Fake news as usual

How about for people who are younger than 40 taking insulin?
Liberty bankers

_How about allowing a mother to take out a plan on her son who is in prison in another state that I'm not even licensed in? And the son doesn't sign anything and is not recorded either.

that’s called bad quality business, hard pass.
_How about that 5 year old grand child that has cerebral palsy, MS, and sickle cell anemia?

Am memorial for sickle cell
Sons for others
_Don't forget the Legacy savings that are bundled with every policy and has IMMEDIATE savings....even for the GI plan.

asked and answered, legacy is a gimmick not a Guarantee

Always do the right thing by the customer. Always. Never lie...nothing deceitful. That's your mother, your aunt, your sister...

When you're forced to put someone in a Graded/Modified plan...because that's all you got as a captive agent according to your guidelines...when they could go Day One/Immediate elsewhere - shame on you. That's the same as telling a lie because what you're supposed to be telling them is: this is the right/best program for you...

I like to sleep at night. If you're a pro - you do too. I say FU to any carrier, IMO, Agency that makes you sell someone an inferior product for their condition...think COPD and Diabetic Neuropathy...not going Immediate. I've said FU to those carriers/agencies - they know who they are.

If you're good at what you do - you need 100% independence.

Last edited:
Especially when the charge back period is 6 months even when the premium is paid on some months . . .

It's been lowered to 4 months. I believe it's only enforced for agents contracted with multiple carriers as a protection mechanism against brokers rolling business.

If an agent has a lot of business lapsing in the 1st few months then that is an agent who was never trained on how to "salt the business down". Plus the Legacy savings has really improved our 13 month persistency. If 13 month persistency has increased, then the 4 month persistency would have an even bigger increase.

If the charge back period was of any consequence then I would have left a long time ago. True, you will still have the occasional charge back in the 1st 4 months, but the increased 4th, 7th, 10th, and 13th month persistency % more than compensates for that.

It's been lowered to 4 months. I believe it's only enforced for agents contracted with multiple carriers as a protection mechanism against brokers rolling business.
Doesn't make sense that it would prevent active agents from rolling business when they are still being paid first year commission. Pro rollers roll the business after it is a year old so they get another first year commission. Only a complete *** would roll a piece of business on which they have an outstanding advance to receive another advance.

Makes more sense to assume it is a way the company is transferring their acquisition cost to the agent. Nothing wrong with that if an agent wants to accept it but most companies do not do it.

[QUOTE="Baseball7, post: 1373114,

_How about allowing a mother to take out a plan on her son who is in prison in another state that I'm not even licensed in? And the son doesn't sign anything and is not recorded either.
that’s called bad quality business, hard pass.

Are you kidding me? That block of business probably has the best persistency of all. But I'm assuming you don't know that because none of your carriers will let you write these cases?

Back