Experienced Agent Thinking About the Med Supp Market

As a "youngster" myself, I've been thinking about getting into the senior market, but don't want to be a captive agent. Can anyone suggest an easy way to add several (or more) providers to my portfolio of products? I do L&H voluntary right now. Thanks!

Yes, you could call myself, James Roman or Frank Stasney for med supp companies.

As a "youngster" myself, I've been thinking about getting into the senior market, but don't want to be a captive agent. Can anyone suggest an easy way to add several (or more) providers to my portfolio of products? I do L&H voluntary right now. Thanks!

Today an agent will perish in the Med Supp market if they are captive. It is imperative, if an agent wants to be financially successful, that they be independent. I've never understood why every agent, regardless of what they are selling, doesn't at least have Med Supp apps in their briefcase. Med Supps are the easiest and most financially rewarding, over a long period of time, of any products I have sold.

Cross selling FE to a new Med Supp client is very smooth and easy. One can usually double the first year commission from a Med Supp by adding a small FE plan. It is a nice little bonus for the short time spent helping a senior save money on the cost of their Med Supp plan.

Contracting is extremely easy and there is no cost to the agent. Using an FMO can some times get the agent a higher percent of commission than if the agent was able to go direct with the company.

Check out several different ones offering contracts before making a decision. What ever you do, do not fall for a lot of hollow promises and assign your commissions regardless of what you are told. You will get screwed.

Today an agent will perish in the Med Supp market if they are captive. It is imperative, if an agent wants to be financially successful, that they be independent. I've never understood why every agent, regardless of what they are selling, doesn't at least have Med Supp apps in their briefcase. Med Supps are the easiest and most financially rewarding, over a long period of time, of any products I have sold.

Cross selling FE to a new Med Supp client is very smooth and easy. One can usually double the first year commission from a Med Supp by adding a small FE plan. It is a nice little bonus for the short time spent helping a senior save money on the cost of their Med Supp plan.

Contracting is extremely easy and there is no cost to the agent. Using an FMO can some times get the agent a higher percent of commission than if the agent was able to go direct with the company.

Check out several different ones offering contracts before making a decision. What ever you do, do not fall for a lot of hollow promises and assign your commissions regardless of what you are told. You will get screwed.

Frank, You are the medsupp King! I recommend anyone trying to get into this market to call you and pick your brain.

So if you don't purchase leads, how do you generate them? I live in an area where there aren't a lot of seniors so I was just curious.

Back