FE lead source

I like that pitch.If granny balks at the price i usually overcome that objection by saying " well i understand your concern about cost of the premium but look at that positive side of it - at your age you won't have to worry about paying premiums for to much longer "

That is better and more informative than Newby's post. I like your style!!!
;)

However, I usually say... "Hey Grandma you want some death insurance" that always works for me...

I like that pitch.If granny balks at the price i usually overcome that objection by saying " well i understand your concern about cost of the premium but look at that positive side of it - at your age you won't have to worry about paying premiums for to much longer "[/quote]

"....too much longer." lol

Hey guys here's one from the Greenhorn: "I wanna think it over..."
"Well Mrs Jones," as you hold up the card. "You already thought it over, when you sent this card in... didn't you?"

SIA, what kind of parameters are you using to determine your mail lists, age range, income level, own their home or not, renters, po boxes, phone numbers.

I did a LTC mailer last year and got horrible results. I've also done the generic Medicare mailer with less than stellar results but 25-30 per 1000 for FE sounds like money in the bank.

SIA, what kind of parameters are you using to determine your mail lists, age range, income level, own their home or not, renters, po boxes, phone numbers.

I did a LTC mailer last year and got horrible results. I've also done the generic Medicare mailer with less than stellar results but 25-30 per 1000 for FE sounds like money in the bank.

#I mail 50-80, if you go all the way up to 85 you will have too may 86-88's sneak in, and 0-50K is a good income range in rural areas. you might want to bump up the min income in the metro areas to stay out of the true poverty homes.
# Home ownership is neither here nor there,
# if you are taking the time to set appointments, PO boxes are a gold mine since they never have someone beating on their door.
#I set appointments off of genereic (supplement your gov't benefit) leads and try to run 10-12 appointments a day. I did nothing but door knock for 4 years, and swore that this biz would never work by calling for appointments, but now I realize that appointments is the only way to go if you want to get in front of a ton of people and cut your work week in half.
#Don't worry about phone numbers as most numbers can be looked up on-line these days (all though it is getting tougher with people dropping their land-lines in favor of cell), worst case scenario is that you end up knocking on those doors on the days you can't fill your schedule up with appointments.

I don't think you addressed that question to me, but hopefully I was able to help a little.
M. Kuhn
please PM me if I can be of any other assistance

Last edited:
Kuhn123, thanks for the response. How many total appts are you running a week @ 10-12 a day, is that four or five days a week? Seems like you would have to be getting a lot of leads for that kind of number.

Just a few more questions for you,
How many mailers per month are you dropping?
What is your response rate?
Out of the leads you get, what kind of ration are you getting for appts set and close ratio on those appts.

I've been wanting to retry direct mail, just want to see if ROI is any better than plain cold calling. I also would like to cut the workload down that comes with coldcalling.

Kuhn123, thanks for the response. How many total appts are you running a week @ 10-12 a day, is that four or five days a week? Seems like you would have to be getting a lot of leads for that kind of number.

Just a few more questions for you,
How many mailers per month are you dropping?
What is your response rate?
Out of the leads you get, what kind of ration are you getting for appts set and close ratio on those appts.

I've been wanting to retry direct mail, just want to see if ROI is any better than plain cold calling. I also would like to cut the workload down that comes with coldcalling.

I usually work 2-3 days wk, 2 more than 3. But they are long, drag your a** in the front door at night when you are finished days. Sometimes 5am to midnight including drive time. If you can get 2-3 solid days like that, rarely do you feel the need, or have the energy, to go out any more for the week.

I base my mailings off of how many days I plan on working, and try to plan a few months in advance what my schedule will be. I need about 25 leads/day, and I know that I will pull b/t 15-25 per thousand, and just work backwards from there, and YES, I do spend a chunk on leads every year. I'm sure someone will pipe up on here and tell me that I'm spending way too much on leads and killing my profit margin, but I am very happy with my income, especially when you look at it compared to the number of days out in the field.

I count on 60% for appts set, and 60% for appts closed. (25 leads/14 appts./7 cases). do that for 2 days and depending on your ave premium, you should be sitting b/t 5-8k for the week, go home and be with your family and play golf the rest of the week. Sounds simple, but many don't have the work ethic to get their tail out of bed and get started, much less to keep grinding through a long day until they meet their goals.

This thing will let me read PM, but not send, so [email protected]

Back