FE Script Critique

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
Hello, Mr/Mrs Jones?

Hello, My name is Josh. I'm calling today because I’m helping folks cover 100% of their funeral costs with an inexpensive final expense policy. Would you like more information about how affordable these policies can be?

Ok, so I just got my dialer up and running. Here are my stats after 2 hours:

2 Hours on the phone
1 hour of talk time
Dialed 399 #s
104 Not interested
32 VM (I didnt leave a VM)
20% abandon Rate
NO Appointments blah

99% of the people said they already have this taken care of. Im taking a break...

Although not a script critique, that 20% abandon rate is WAY too high. You're just burning up the phones and literally breaking the law.

Where'd you get the script?

What do you think your biggest problem was?

There are several threads on these boards with scripts for final expense. Great scripts already done and commentary of why 1 producer likes one over anothers and vice versa. Would look them up and post them for ya but about to head out.

Don't get discouraged...only 2 hours of dials. May want to post when you were calling and what kind of a list you were calling on as well.

Although not a script critique, that 20% abandon rate is WAY too high. You're just burning up the phones and literally breaking the law.

Where'd you get the script?

What do you think your biggest problem was?

Well the script is an adaptation of the one off your website Josh. I was at 25% with 3 lines, so I dropped it down to 2.

My biggest problem is that nobody is interested lol. I don't know yet. I literally talke to 2 people who said they didn't have insurance and might be interested. One guy said he wasn't ready to buy, but said multiple times that he'd be ready in 4 months. Another lady said shed be interested after she figures out how much her S.S. is going to be per month.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was calling from 2:30-5:15. 50-85 $0-$50K

Last edited:
Well the script is an adaptation of the one off your website Josh. I was at 25% with 3 lines, so I dropped it down to 2.

That's what I thought. My suggestion would be to go back to the original script without tweaking it and see how that works for you.

I was calling from 2:30-5:15. 50-85 $0-$50K

That can be a rough time to call, 10-noon is much better. The ages on that are off too. You don't want to be going down to 50 year olds for daytime calling, 60-75 works much better.

That's what I thought. My suggestion would be to go back to the original script without tweaking it and see how that works for you.

That can be a rough time to call, 10-noon is much better. The ages on that are off too. You don't want to be going down to 50 year olds for daytime calling, 60-75 works much better.

Well I was just giving it a try. I will be making my cold calls in the evenings from now on. I will go back to the original script and try that.

I literally talke to 2 people who said they didn't have insurance and might be interested.
The "script" isn't the problem...

These results are to be expected when your marketing strategy is to "find a needle in a haystack".

JDEasy (the dean of final expense gurus on here) has said repeatedly that he knows of NO top FE producers who achieve their results by cold calling!

Shouldn't that be a clue?

Also, I had to put a phone number that I own connected to the dialers caller ID. And my phone has rang like 10 times with people calling me. I was thinking of setting up a google voice # that goes straight to voicemail. It would say, "if you saw my # on your caller ID, the reason for my call was..." Or something like that.

Back