Final Expense in Texas

TimJ

Hello, I'm a complete insurance sales noob. I was laid off a few years ago from corporate training so I decided to go into sales and am now taking the jump into insurance sales. Specifically final expense (feels like the best fit for me).

I've spoken to mostly MLM type companies who would pay for my license; however, those companies aren't really my cup of tea for a variety of reasons. And I'm a veteran so the VA will reimburse my licensing.

Does any one know of a quality pre-licensing exam prep course for the state of Texas? The information online in very convoluted for my brain.

Hello, I'm a complete insurance sales noob. I was laid off a few years ago from corporate training so I decided to go into sales and am now taking the jump into insurance sales. Specifically final expense (feels like the best fit for me).

I've spoken to mostly MLM type companies who would pay for my license; however, those companies aren't really my cup of tea for a variety of reasons. And I'm a veteran so the VA will reimburse my licensing.

Does any one know of a quality pre-licensing exam prep course for the state of Texas? The information online in very convoluted for my brain.
I was licensed using a chisel and stone tablets, so I can’t really vouch for any pre-license course. However, I take my Continuing Ed from these guys, and find it very user friendly. I expect the pre-license course to be of the same quality.
Insurance Pre-License Courses | Insurance Licensing Exam Prep | WebCE

Welcome to the forum... use it as a resource and a sounding wall. You have to dig a little but there some great stuff and some pretty stand up folks that don't mind helping other producers.

BTW, I'm not a recruiter nor do I run a down line. (The only headaches are my clients and I don't do any baby sitting!) Some key points to be aware of when you take advice from folks.

Thank You!

I'm a little confused on what license I'll need in Texas?

Life or Funeral prearranged life?
You need Life for FE. The other is for agents selling preplanned funeral arrangements through funeral homes.

Thank You!

I'm a little confused on what license I'll need in Texas?

Life or Funeral prearranged life?

Do make sure you are getting your health license at the same time. Much better to do it now than to have to go back later when you discover you need it. Many of the questions on the test you'll be taking will pertain to health as well as life.

I deal with many agents who have to go back and get it because no one told them to do it to begin with.

You will need a Life and Health License. Funeral Life is the same as life insurance, but it pays out to the funeral home 1st.

Back