Do new to medicare Med Supp policies get paid a 2nd commission?

jack3454

Super Genius
Do new to medicare Med Supp policies get paid the same way as new to medicare MAPD policies? I was told by Humana that med supp polices do not get the “new to medicare” payment like MAPD does, just the percentage of the premium? I could have sworn I got this payment from previous Med Supps. Thanks

Do new to medicare Med Supp policies get paid the same way as new to medicare MAPD policies? I was told by Humana that med supp polices do not get the “new to medicare” payment like MAPD does, just the percentage of the premium? I could have sworn I got this payment from previous Med Supps. Thanks
only the one commission, then renewals starting in year 2

Humana though, often runs Bonus Programs for medsupps. Where you can earn more money for selling the medsupps.

I wonder why MAPD gets a new to medicare commission but Med Supp doesnt?

That bonus you mentioned is probably why I thought I got the 2nd commission, but it was just the bonus. Thanks for mentioning it.

I wonder why MAPD gets a new to medicare commission but Med Supp doesnt?

That bonus you mentioned is probably why I thought I got the 2nd commission, but it was just the bonus. Thanks for mentioning it.
because MAPD is a government contracted product. The insurance company pays in a "True-up" fashion as part of their reconciliation process

medsupp i a totally private insurance. as a result true-ups are not necessary

If new to Medicare and you write their PDP, you will get the double on the PDP (So, $50 + $50-new).

Also as others mentioned, med supps often have bonuses

Back