For P&C what Rater Does Everyone Use? (Help)

We use Applied Rater, formerly Semcat... very affordable with SIAA discount, not a real time rater but much better in my opinion...

I did a fair bit of research before going independent and ended up deciding on EZLynx. Largely because it can do a lot more than just be a rater. Mind you the more functionality you add, the more it costs. You could always start out with just the rater and add other stuff as you go. They have package deals on certain combinations as well.

I'm in WA and it works with all the carriers I need it to, for both auto and home quoting.

We use Applied Rater, formerly Semcat... very affordable with SIAA discount, not a real time rater but much better in my opinion...

I just started my 2 week trial today...does it ever get quicker once you get used to it?
I've got 9 auto carriers direct and I just don't have time to spend 30 minutes clicking through carrier websites to get rates. Especially when it doesn't bridge perfectly to all the carriers, and one not At all because their site uses a plugin Semcat can't support.
I really want it to work for bridging to/from my ams, and how incredibly easy it makes quoting homes, plus it'll cost half what my current auto only rater will by the time I add my nonres state. But the time aspect is huge for me.

I just started my 2 week trial today...does it ever get quicker once you get used to it?
I've got 9 auto carriers direct and I just don't have time to spend 30 minutes clicking through carrier websites to get rates. Especially when it doesn't bridge perfectly to all the carriers, and one not At all because their site uses a plugin Semcat can't support.
I really want it to work for bridging to/from my ams, and how incredibly easy it makes quoting homes, plus it'll cost half what my current auto only rater will by the time I add my nonres state. But the time aspect is huge for me.

since when did you get 9 auto carriers?

since when did you get 9 auto carriers?

You gotta have options when you've been getting by writing bums trying to prove yourself.

Exactly one of those carriers is for standard/preferred business. And I don't mean progressive, because they are useless for preferred here. The rest are nonstandard, and one of those is aipso.

And now you also understand why I won't spend 30 minutes on a quote.
I was hoping Semcat would save time by bridging to wholesaler instead of entering all the info again, but so far it looks like this will still be far more time consuming.

However, I am going to be focusing more on home this year so it might be worth keeping for that alone. On the other hand, money. Because I'm still not paying myself a lot.

You gotta have options when you've been getting by writing bums trying to prove yourself.

Exactly one of those carriers is for standard/preferred business. And I don't mean progressive, because they are useless for preferred here. The rest are nonstandard, and one of those is aipso.

And now you also understand why I won't spend 30 minutes on a quote.
I was hoping Semcat would save time by bridging to wholesaler instead of entering all the info again, but so far it looks like this will still be far more time consuming.

However, I am going to be focusing more on home this year so it might be worth keeping for that alone. On the other hand, money. Because I'm still not paying myself a lot.

It does get alot faster... I can knockout a multi car and home quote through 10 carriers in 10 min knowing the quote is 100% accurate. (we had a real time rater but the rate was always higher when you went to the carriers site) You just have to figure out the quirks for each carrier.

Back