Forum Moderation

I do not think that is snarky and if it drives away potential members so be it. They may not be worth having. You have threads on almost every topic and it seems that some new participants are TOO LAZY to look for themselves. If I come on here and ask where to buy E&O when that subject has been discussed a dozen times I think that I am just lazy and want everything placed right in front of me. If my telling them to search causes them to drop out they are not going to make it in this business.

Well maybe the owners of the site don't want you driving away potential members. Sounds like you could give a crap though.

E&O is a great example. Where to buy E&O in 2008 is totally different than 2011. Things change, new perspectives are added by new members. Lots of reasons to have a fresh thread on a topic rather than using old info. And new members may not know about the "search" feature. A better idea would be for you to just pass over a thread you think has been discussed enough and you have no interest in and leave the rest to discuss if we want. If you can't do it seek help. ha. You don't have to be part of every conversation.
biggrin.gif

I know you are in a bad mood because the Colts won a game risking that #1 pick.

I do not think that is snarky and if it drives away potential members so be it. They may not be worth having. You have threads on almost every topic and it seems that some new participants are TOO LAZY to look for themselves. If I
come on here and ask where to buy E&O when that subject has been discussed a dozen times I think that I am just lazy and want everything placed right in front of me. If my telling them to search causes them to drop out they are not going to make it in this business.

One of the points I think everyone is missing is that a new member may not be aware of all of the different threads and/or search tools available for viewing.

This forum has over 30,000 discussions with over 450,000 posts. A forum this large can be a little confusing & overwhelming to a new viewer or member.

If I'm new to the forum and have not spent hours & hours (or days & days) looking at every option, my first post may duplicate others becuase I'm unaware that my topic has been previously discussed.

So, if a newbie comes on with his 1st post and that topic has been addressed before, instead of calling him stupid, maybe you can offer to explain how to do a search for a previous thread, or........... just don't answer at all.

The idea is getting viewers to become members, not scare them away.

I'll maintain, and stick to my position, that doing a search is often not in the best interest of new members. Even if we have to repeat information. Our industry is a constantly moving target and I'd put it to anyone here that most information over a year old is largely irrelevant.

Some searches return too much information. Searches for major carriers might returns hundreds of pages.

Imagine being a restaurant owner and overhearing this conversation:

Customer: "Do you serve fettuccine alfredo?"
Waiter: "Have you read the menu?"

I also offer E&O and we happen to be changing underwriters in March. Constant changes.

Last edited:
what ever ..hahahaha....the end result is going to be good.....I welcome the help....it is a full time job keeping this forum clean and informative...I would like to see a mod in every forum category....

Back