Forum Moderation

It is time we introduce a fiduciary standard for posts. Perhaps we can let the California DOI monitor it for us?

I'm pretty new to this forum and so I thought the moderators might like to hear from the perspective of a newbie...

When I first came on to this forum, I glanced around at a few of the threads and felt a bit overwhelmed. I had no idea there was a search function at that time. Honestly, I originally signed up just to ask one question and see what experts had to say on the topic. I received a few great replies and a few mean replies. After that, I did hold back on posting anything else for awhile and actually searched the net to see if there was another forum like this for me to join instead. I ended up coming back here because I liked your set up better than the others. I began to just troll the forum not responding or posting for awhile until I got a feel for the repeated posts and those who always seem to have nice and encouraging things to say.

As a newbie, I would not have been offended if someone had responded to my 'stupid' questions in a way that made me feel more welcome in the forum. For example, someone could have shared a link to the thread that discussed in detail the question I was looking to have answered with a side note saying there is a search function in the top right hand corner of the page (just for future reference).

It's all in how you word it...

PS. BTW...I do feel welcome here now and have posted quite a few threads and responses at this point and will continue to recommend this site to others. :yes:

Don't get too comfortable Melissa. Please see below from Page 4 Paragraph 7 of "Forum Rules."

"Any Forum member that joined during our "transition period" of 11-1-2011 and 1-1-2012 will be accessed a $50 charge when their post count reaches 75. Until paid, their posting privileges will be suspended. This $50 charge is tripled for residents of New Jersey.

Don't get too comfortable Melissa. Please see below from Page 4 Paragraph 7 of "Forum Rules."

"Any Forum member that joined during our "transition period" of 11-1-2011 and 1-1-2012 will be accessed a $50 charge when their post count reaches 75. Until paid, their posting privileges will be suspended. This $50 charge is tripled for residents of New Jersey.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: Most people don't read the fine print.

As a newbie, I would not have been offended if someone had responded to my 'stupid' questions in a way that made me feel more welcome in the forum. For example, someone could have shared a link to the thread that discussed in detail the question I was looking to have answered with a side note saying there is a search function in the top right hand corner of the page (just for future reference).

It's all in how you word it...

95% of the newbies give up in their first year. Those who make it become our competition. You tell me why the oldbies should go out of their way to do all that you mentioned?

We all begged for information when we first started (I sure did - a lot of it). So why should the newbies now enjoy special privilege? The sooner the newbies grow some skins, the better their odd of making will be IMO.

Before too long, Melissa will be a gristled veteran of this forum dispensing out the same milk and honey as the rest of us. Don't worry about the New Jersey posting fee-- it is doubled for posters domiciled in California...

95% of the newbies give up in their first year. Those who make it become our competition. You tell me why the oldbies should go out of their way to do all that you mentioned?

We all begged for information when we first started (I sure did - a lot of it). So why should the newbies now enjoy special privilege? The sooner the newbies grow some skins, the better their odd of making will be IMO.

See you are one of those Meanies she was talking about.

Back