Golden Rule on 01-01-2011

How so?
We also have UHC or Cigna to consider ...?
Just asking your thoughts as well as making a statement about my experience.

In general order of competitive rates ...

Coventry
Humana
Aetna
BX
Cigna
KP
GR

Getting policies issued is another question.

Underwriting from best to worst.

Humana
GR
Aetna
BX
Cigna
Coventry

Hmmm, I gotta say ... Coven?
How are they on renewals? Never written them one time.
I've done mostly H in GA. I have written some Cigna / Aetna there.
I don't know that I would say BX is "better" u/w than Cig. ... in my experience.

Can't say about Coventry. Stopped using them over 2 yrs ago. Had too many issues with underwriting, billing, claims.

Other than that they are fine.

BX is as schizo as Aetna on underwriting. They rate up and turn down a lot. Take forever to underwrite. Want to APS everything but every once in a while they do something stupid and write business no one else will take.

Same for Aetna.

Both are predictable.

Cigna is pretty steady. They don't want anyone that can't walk on water and feed 5,000 from a boys lunch box.

That really surprises me what you say about Cigna because we use them for the harder to place cases along with Aetna. This porker comes to mind in GA that, much to my pleasant surprise, was approved by them.

Most carriers have spots, and states, where they are better than others. Cigna is supposedly strong in TX & FL but not so here.

Our MGA was finalizing paperwork today to get the agency re-activated with UHC/GR. The UHC/GR Midwest manager informed him right after the HHS final MLR ruling today that the company (UHC/GR) had decided to trim agent commissions to 8% as of January 1, 2011.

Our MGA cancelled the re-activation process. Blue Cross of Illinois's 10% commission doesn't look so bad all of a sudden. Will use them as a back-up carrier now, instead of UHC/GR. Humana was going to be our back-up, but they've put new agent contracting on hold for awhile.

If it weren't for the lucrative health insurance add-on's, the near future outlook for diversifying health insurance income would be very gloomy.

-ac

Our MGA was finalizing paperwork today to get the agency re-activated with UHC/GR. The UHC/GR Midwest manager informed him right after the HHS final MLR ruling today that the company (UHC/GR) had decided to trim agent commissions to 8% as of January 1, 2011.

Our MGA cancelled the re-activation process. Blue Cross of Illinois's 10% commission doesn't look so bad all of a sudden. Will use them as a back-up carrier now, instead of UHC/GR. Humana was going to be our back-up, but they've put new agent contracting on hold for awhile.

If it weren't for the lucrative health insurance add-on's, the near future outlook for diversifying health insurance income would be very gloomy.

-ac

Maybe your agency needs to go through an MGA/FMO.

I guarantee you could get 12-14% if you have good production.

Back