• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Google to Sell Insurance

I just went to Essurance to get a quote for fun and to see how easy it is. WOW! if you are not adapting now (either by your self or with the help of your group) It is time to start.

----------

Update: I have gotten a call and an email in response to the online quote I just did.

I just went to Essurance to get a quote for fun and to see how easy it is. WOW! if you are not adapting now (either by your self or with the help of your group) It is time to start. ---------- Update: I have gotten a call and an email in response to the online quote I just did.

How does your group help agents adapt?

FL P&C Broker,

Throughout this thread we see a common theme, the client thinks insurance is a commodity. Unfortunately often times agents do too.

The McKinsey report suggests that agencies need to evolve and we are doing just that and we are helping our agents do that too.

How...it all starts with buy in from the agent "A Change Gonna Come"- Sam Cooke (Great song!) Time to adapt

Time to learn commercial.... Time to learn how to differentiate yourself... time to drop the commodity idea and start selling differentiation.

Separate note: Some of the best agents I have met are former Claims adjusters because they offer something that Google can't. "when your adjuster and roofer get on the roof together I want to be there. I know hat they are looking for, and how they work. When your toilet floods while you are out of town and the adjuster shows up, I want to be there. I have adjusted these claims for a long time. I can help like no one can"

That pitch works. That pitch is not something 95% of the agents can confidently do. that pitch is one that will give IA agents with that experience a leg up on Google every single time!

I'm not sure you answered his pointed question of, "How does your group help agents adapt?"
You do, however, get kudos for politician quality rhetoric.

How long has esurance been in business, almost 20 years? Yet, I stll know plenty of agents that are thriving.

How long has esurance been in business, almost 20 years? Yet, I stll know plenty of agents that are thriving.

I concur, esurance, geico and other directs... Is no concern to me. However, Google will not be acting as a carrier but a comparative quoting site. Where insureds will quote and bind with the very same carriers we have access to. You can not compare esurance to Google. Esurance does not have the fraction of the data Google has on everyone. Esurance also does not have the ability to take off local agencies from Google insurance searches.

They know where we've been on the internet. Everyday when I go on The Weather Channel site, there are ads for the sites I've recently been on/Googled. It spooked me the 1st couple of times until I realized what was happening.

If you use Chrome they are tracking everything.

If you use Gmail and don't log out after checking your mail they are tracking. Same for Google docs, spread, etc.

The more Google stuff you use the more data they track on you.

A few months ago I was on Amazon looking for something, then went to Drudge. Immediately served an ad at the top for some of the things I searched for on Amazon.

If you use Chrome they are tracking everything. If you use Gmail and don't log out after checking your mail they are tracking. Same for Google docs, spread, etc. The more Google stuff you use the more data they track on you. A few months ago I was on Amazon looking for something, then went to Drudge. Immediately served an ad at the top for some of the things I searched for on Amazon.

Pretty damn scary. All this data they have collected over the years will be used to steal clients from agents. If you do not think the biggest threat to the agency channel is ahead of us, you are in major denial. I urge you to start using regional carriers that truly support agents, talk to your reps and tell them you are not pleased with the decisions the carriers have made to work with Walmart, Google, etc.

Pretty damn scary. All this data they have collected over the years will be used to steal clients from agents. If you do not think the biggest threat to the agency channel is ahead of us, you are in major denial. I urge you to start using regional carriers that truly support agents, talk to your reps and tell them you are not pleased with the decisions the carriers have made to work with Walmart, Google, etc.

Now welcoming back to the stage after a long time sabbatical.... Drumroll please ????
Internet Explorer

Back