Got Insurance for this? You Decide 04 20

200.gif

It's so weird.. I've smoked and taken edibles.. I've never felt paranoid.
I think it's just how you're wired. I'm naturally a little high strung which makes it hard for me to detach and unwind from the workday. The pot helps with that but edibles just make it worse. Plus I just don't like being stoned.

I totally understand. You should only invest in things you actively understand and have a risk tolerance for. I'm not saying YOU'RE WRONG DUMB DUMB. Just presenting a counterpoint that you can consider, but not necessarily act on.

Information and debate is always good, imo. Doesn't mean you have to do anything with it.. but that you've thought about it.

If that makes sense.

Funny, I have a buddy that's done very well timing the markets, and timing bitcoin. He is confident it will keep going up, but he also says if I don't understand it and don't feel comfortable, then I shouldn't get involved.

One thing to keep in mind, too...

'Everyone is a genius in a bull market'
- Mark Cuban

Funny, I have a buddy that's done very well timing the markets, and timing bitcoin. He is confident it will keep going up, but he also says if I don't understand it and don't feel comfortable, then I shouldn't get involved.

One thing to keep in mind, too...

'Everyone is a genius in a bull market'
- Mark Cuban

So.. we're not exactly in a bull market anymore. Many projects have dropped 70%+ from the top almost a year ago, but have been flat. We're in an accumulation phase now. Plus, honestly, the market is starting to change due to adoption so no one can really tell you for sure if we're still bear or bull. We've started to see signs of BTC (which runs the crypto market) decoupling from equities.

Furthermore, I just DCA when BTC is down 10%+ for the week. If BTC only reaches the market cap of gold, 10 trillion (the expected growth of the crypto market is 100-200x to match other economic sectors) then what do I care if I buy small amounts at 20k, 30, 40k when the projection is 5-10 years the price of a BTC will be sitting at 550k+?

I don't try to guess the market. I'm just not that guy. I have a set amount of BTC that I want in my overall portfolio. I also don't sell higer and buy lower. I take out loans against BTC and then buy additional positions when the market is down.

So.. we're not exactly in a bull market anymore. Many projects have dropped 70%+ from the top almost a year ago, but have been flat. We're in an accumulation phase now. Plus, honestly, the market is starting to change due to adoption so no one can really tell you for sure if we're still bear or bull. We've started to see signs of BTC (which runs the crypto market) decoupling from equities.

Furthermore, I just DCA when BTC is down 10%+ for the week. If BTC only reaches the market cap of gold, 10 trillion (the expected growth of the crypto market is 100-200x to match other economic sectors) then what do I care if I buy small amounts at 20k, 30, 40k when the projection is 5-10 years the price of a BTC will be sitting at 550k+?

If your investing horizon is 5-10 years or more, and you are dollar cost averaging, then drops in price in BTC are great for you.

If your investing horizon is 5-10 years or more, and you are dollar cost averaging, then drops in price in BTC are great for you.

I suck at trading. It's not really my jam. I put it in Celsius and let it just earn interest.. Right now, due to SEC regulations, a portion of my holdings earn interest and other portions do not... Until I'm an accredited investor..

The Series 65 is the educational path to be accredited, but it's kicking my ass after a week.

I hate smoking as well, but I don't like edibles too much(they make me too paranoid). I got one of those PAX vaporizers and I use it exclusively. It was a great buy for me. I can even adjust the temperature from my phone.
Personally, other than the immediate high from smoking, I prefer edibles in every way. After almost 50 years of smoking weed. Also edibles go better with COPD. :laugh:

Back