Great Lakes Cluster/Aggregator?

@Allen Trent It is my understanding that the carriers are still struggle with profit in MI despite some promising changes.

Yeah, not sure that is true right now. while 2021 AM best marketshare & loss ratio reports are not out yet, Personal Auto in Michigan had Loss Ratio of 60% & 60.5% in 2019 & 2020 on almost $10B in Personal Auto premiums. Those 60% loss ratios have never been seen in my lifetime in Michigan. 2018 was 85% prior to the laws changing. time will tell how it plays out going forward I guess.

upload_2022-6-16_13-37-32.png
upload_2022-6-16_13-39-21.png

DAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGG look at @Allen Trent busting out AM Best data on us! and i thought I was the only one with this info! J/K HAAHAHA! Where do you get your AMbest data from?
work for single state multi-line "mostly captive" company in Michigan. I work entire with our Life Company today & other life companies we own, but I am on the annual distribution list each summer when AM best produces this info for Michigan. 1st 20 years was running agencies & regions across all product lines.

Interesting 2020 AM best marketshare report was about 58% loss ratio in Michigan all combined personal/commercial/farm, so auto was only 2-4% higher than the personal/commercial/farm. Obviously, I dont believe some of the carrier reported loss ratios. Like Geico reporting 150% in auto for 2020. I am guessing they underreserved in earlier years or something & took hits for it in 2020

Back