• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Guaranteed Issue that competes with Mutual of Omaha

Door2Door

Expert
It’s all in the title itself. Are there any GI products that can compete with Mutual of Omaha’s inside sales teams guaranteed product? If a client can’t obtain level coverage, it seems like Omaha’s products blows every graded option out the window price-wise.

Why are you trying to compete Price is not the only factor?
I can sell a better product over a GI, as long as the price isn’t insane. In my experience with it, most of their GI’s can’t get graded and can only get GI. How is my GI with 2x the price better than theirs? That’s asking for a chargeback.

Because Price is irrelevant and I’ve never had a situation where I had somebody cancel my policy and buy that.

Because Price is irrelevant and I’ve never had a situation where I had somebody cancel my policy and buy that.
I’m not talking about cancelling mine to get one. I’m talking about replacing theirs. If they’re paying $50 for $10k and I offer $90 for $10k—99% of FE clients won’t find the value in me as their agent for that kind of difference.

You’re also talking about a 5% or less type situation I wouldn’t put that much mental energy into.

we are at McDonald’s I’m not really that focused on what the fancy seafood restaurant is doing.

You’re also talking about a 5% or less type situation I wouldn’t put that much mental energy into.

we are at McDonald’s I’m not really that focused on what the fancy seafood restaurant is doing.
In all honesty, I would say I talk to at least 3-4 people a week where I run into this scenario. The leads I receive aren’t exclusive.

I remember you mentioned that. One of your considerations should be that all of my leads are exclusive and I almost never encounter what you’re describing.

I’m not talking about cancelling mine to get one. I’m talking about replacing theirs. If they’re paying $50 for $10k and I offer $90 for $10k—99% of FE clients won’t find the value in me as their agent for that kind of difference.
Agents replace MOO GI all the time. But they are doing it for healthy people who bought it by mistake because they didn’t know it’s only for deathbed business.

If someone has MOO GI and really needs GI there is no legit reason to replace it.

Agents replace MOO GI all the time. But they are doing it for healthy people who bought it by mistake because they didn’t know it’s only for deathbed business.

If someone has MOO GI and really needs GI there is no legit reason to replace it.
That's what I was questioning in the last part. I consistently change them to level products. The problem I have is when I can't get them level or at least a decent graded option. Thank you.

Back