Health Equity Act

"The only people who think racial discrimination is racist when it's against white people are...racists."

Clown shoes. Be bold. Let as many people as you can hear about the things you really believe/support. Seriously.

I bet you think Gay people getting married is discriminatory to straight people.

And trust me I do.. I became a US citizen during the Trump admin specifically so I could vote and push this country left as much as I can.. maybe I’ll even run for Congress! There were a lot of other immigrants there with the same thought process.

And again, for the last time, equity is not racist. I’m sorry you think it is.

I bet you think Gay people getting married is discriminatory to straight people.

Nope.

And trust me I do.. I became a US citizen during the Trump admin specifically so I could vote and push this country left as much as I can.. maybe I’ll even run for Congress! There were a lot of other immigrants there with the same thought process.

And again, for the last time, equity is not racist. I’m sorry you think it is.

Blah blah blah. If that's your goal, your only hope is to keep your mouth shut. Once a critical mass of people see what's really going on, game over.

As a straight white male myself, all I can say is, I do not agree.

The day you and I have unequal access to healthcare in this country, is the day pigs fly.

Last one then I'll quit.

Who do you think has better access to healthcare; A rich black girl in Beverly Hills or a poor white boy in rural WV?

I can't overstate how insane/wrong this is.

Last one then I'll quit.

Who do you think has better access to healthcare; A rich black girl in Beverly Hills or a poor white boy in rural WV?

I can't overstate how insane/wrong this is.

I'll do you one better.

Use Texas in place of West Virginia.

West Virginia expanded Medicaid.

Texas did not.

The poor white boy in rural TX loses-every time vs anyone in a state that did expand Medicaid.

And since we didn't expand Medicaid, I pay more for health insurance and health care than other states because I get to pay for the 20% of Texans who don't have health insurance but can still get treated for free in Emergency Rooms.

So that's nice.

I'll do you one better.

Use Texas in place of West Virginia.

West Virginia expanded Medicaid.

Texas did not.

The poor white boy in rural TX loses-every time vs anyone in a state that did expand Medicaid.

And since we didn't expand Medicaid, I pay more for health insurance and health care than other states because I get to pay for the 20% of Texans who don't have health insurance but can still get treated for free in Emergency Rooms.

So that's nice.

A separate issue, but it illustrates the point. Assuming your race is the determining factor in your access to healthcare is obviously wrong.

Back