• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How are Face 2 Face Agents planning on handling this?

The agent doing in home appointment will still have to have a recording of appointment being scheduled on phone right? If you have a kiosk/office somewhere i suppose you can say that were you made initial contact or on phone recording say you are mailing a paper scope .

BTW i have a friend who is a sales manager for one of the big call centers and as of today he said there has been no mention of the 48 hour rule yet from upper management.

Incorrect . For starting with aep 2024 no recording of appointments on phone . Also no recording of client calls unless leads to enrollment. Only the chain of enrollment needs to be recorded . Example you call a lead or client for appt . The phone conversation turns to talking about benefits and possible enrollment. That needs to be recorded .

Incorrect . For starting with aep 2024 no recording of appointments on phone . Also no recording of client calls unless leads to enrollment. Only the chain of enrollment needs to be recorded . Example you call a lead or client for appt . The phone conversation turns to talking about benefits and possible enrollment. That needs to be recorded .

I understood non marketing calls no longer need to be recorded for 2024 but i thought setting an appointment would be considered marketing? Thats great if not.

I understood non marketing calls no longer need to be recorded for 2024 but i thought setting an appointment would be considered marketing? Thats great if not.

No your not marketing or discussing any plans . You’ll simply setting an appt which could easily turn into selling a Medicare supp . I’ve read this many times and confirmed threw my fmo . I’ll be hiring appt setter for aep to line up 8-10 appts a day .

No your not marketing or discussing any plans . You’ll simply setting an appt which could easily turn into selling a Medicare supp . I’ve read this many times and confirmed threw my fmo . I’ll be hiring appt setter for aep to line up 8-10 appts a day .

Respect. My 5 hour work days are more my speed.

The splitting of hairs on what does or does not need to be recorded is idiotic.

Just record everything. Who cares? You think you’re going to remember to press a button during AEP???

Good luck with that

Attachments

• upload_2023-6-8_20-58-35.png
    upload_2023-6-8_20-58-35.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 3

Your FMO say that calls to set appointment are not considered sales activity either ?

Call recordings: CMS now requires TPMOs to record calls with consumers. CMS is now officially narrowing the scope of that requirement to sales, marketing and enrollment calls. But the agency assured a commenter that a TPMO will not have to go back and delete recordings of past recordings of calls that were not sales, marketing or enrollment calls.

Just record everything. Who cares? You think you’re going to remember to press a button during AEP???

Good luck with that

I think appointment setting calls would be considered part of the sales process and therefore need to be recorded according to this:

Call recordings: CMS now requires TPMOs to record calls with consumers. CMS is now officially narrowing the scope of that requirement to sales, marketing and enrollment calls. But the agency assured a commenter that a TPMO will not have to go back and delete recordings of past recordings of calls that were not sales, marketing or enrollment calls.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - New Final Medicare Marketing Rules Curb Event-Based Marketing | ThinkAdvisor

Your FMO say that calls to set appointment are not considered sales activity either ?

I think appointment setting calls would be considered part of the sales process and therefore need to be recorded according to this:

[EXTERNAL LINK] - New Final Medicare Marketing Rules Curb Event-Based Marketing | ThinkAdvisor

Defining What Calls Need Recorded
CMS is limiting the requirement to record calls between TPMOs and beneficiaries to sales, marketing, and enrollment calls. This should eliminate the need to record appointment setting calls and check-ins after sales. However, calls with current clients for retention purposes must be recorded.

Additionally, CMS is specifying that virtual sales, marketing, and enrollment calls, such as those completed through video conferencing and other virtual telepresence methods, must be recorded.

Ive read this 8-10 times

Good luck with that
I'm with you on this one. Why worry about something you don't have to worry about.

I use 8x8 for my business line. I've got it programed to record every call. In or out.

I've also got Radius' voip plan. It records everything. In or out.

If CMS calls and wants a conversation, it'll be there. Not once but twice. Even my conversations with the profanity, crude jokes and smart ass comments. CMS can have those too.

I will continue to record everything. Had a family friend who acted like I hadn't told him something and I was able to politely let him know that I did have a recording of the call in which the conversation was had. I love the CYA aspect of the call recording despite the fact that I thought it was going to be a pain. Kgmom has the right idea. Then again, I don't recall ever seeing her on here discussing ways to get around marketing rules.

Back