How are Face 2 Face Agents planning on handling this?

NewEnglander

Waiting Period of 48 hours between the Completion of the SOA and the Personal Marketing Appointment - At least 48 hours prior to the scheduled personal marketing, the MA plan (or agent or broker, as applicable) must agree upon and record the Scope of Appointment with the beneficiary(ies), except for: (A) SOAs that are completed during the last four days of a valid election period for the beneficiary. (B) Unscheduled in person meetings (walk-ins) initiated by the beneficiary. 42 CFR 422.2264 (c) (3) (i) Note: CMS has indicated that this 48-hour period is not required for inbound calls from enrollees. At this time, unless CMS provides further clarification, this requirement applies to outbound calls.

Of course, they conveniently cut call centers out of this requirement, and they are the worst offenders when it comes to generating complaints.

An SOA is good for 60 days. I use the one in Radius. I just email it out and Radius tells me when I get it back. I include it in my onboarding routine. Even with my life prospects and clients. Don't need it for that but getting it back tells me that the prospect can handle an e-app.

Since I'm 99.9 % virtual, I have sent them out as much as 30 days before we "meet."

An SOA is good for 60 days. I use the one in Radius. I just email it out and Radius tells me when I get it back. I include it in my onboarding routine. Even with my life prospects and clients. Don't need it for that but getting it back tells me that the prospect can handle an e-app.

Since I'm 99.9 % virtual, I have sent them out as much as 30 days before we "meet."
I've wondered how long SOA's are good for. I thought longer than 60 days. Now I know.

I've wondered how long SOA's are good for. I thought longer than 60 days. Now I know.
CMS says 60 unless they've changed it recently. And if they did they didn't ask me so it wouldn't count anyway.

If I have have one going on 60 days then I know I've screwed something up and it's time for a do over.

It’s not tough, like Rmhaire, I use radiusbob. Someone calls me from my seminar and asks to meet in my office next week? No problem Bob, check your email, click the link, type your name once where it’s says to type your name, and hit the blue submit button. See you Monday.

Waiting Period of 48 hours between the Completion of the SOA and the Personal Marketing Appointment - At least 48 hours prior to the scheduled personal marketing, the MA plan (or agent or broker, as applicable) must agree upon and record the Scope of Appointment with the beneficiary(ies), except for: (A) SOAs that are completed during the last four days of a valid election period for the beneficiary. (B) Unscheduled in person meetings (walk-ins) initiated by the beneficiary. 42 CFR 422.2264 (c) (3) (i) Note: CMS has indicated that this 48-hour period is not required for inbound calls from enrollees. At this time, unless CMS provides further clarification, this requirement applies to outbound calls.

Of course, they conveniently cut call centers out of this requirement, and they are the worst offenders when it comes to generating complaints.

Thats not true on call centers . I read several big agency compliance . It’s yet to be determined. 90% of face time face in person agents will simply take the soa in paper and back date it 48 hrs like the old days . In an unfair as hell world were call centers not punished you fight back . Soa has zero to do with the carrier till you get a complaint. You store yourself and if need be provide it. I’m replacing so many call center plans it’s crazy . In person crushes all on most clients

Thats not true on call centers . I read several big agency compliance . It’s yet to be determined. 90% of face time face in person agents will simply take the soa in paper and back date it 48 hrs like the old days . In an unfair as hell world were call centers not punished you fight back . Soa has zero to do with the carrier till you get a complaint. You store yourself and if need be provide it. I’m replacing so many call center plans it’s crazy . In person crushes all on most clients

The agent doing in home appointment will still have to have a recording of appointment being scheduled on phone right? If you have a kiosk/office somewhere i suppose you can say that were you made initial contact or on phone recording say you are mailing a paper scope .

BTW i have a friend who is a sales manager for one of the big call centers and as of today he said there has been no mention of the 48 hour rule yet from upper management.

Medicare center also has an SOA that can be done by email or text and is fairly simple. Send link while scheduling

Back