• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How are Face 2 Face Agents planning on handling this?

Aetna's saying 12 months.
  • A Scope of Appointment, business reply card, or request to receive additional information is valid for 12 months following the date of beneficiary’s signature date or the date of the beneficiary’s initial request for information.
That's part of the revised rules for 2024. Goes into effect in either July or September. Can't remember which.

Even better for me. I get um, give um to Radius then forget about it.

That's part of the revised rules for 2024. Goes into effect in either July or September. Can't remember which.

Even better for me. I get um, give um to Radius then forget about it.
I almost forgot.

They still say that we have to keep them for 10 years. Hell, I'm 70. I doubt I have that long.

I guess I'll take them with me. At least one of my kids will ask Why Are We Burying His Ass With A Briefcase.

Don do you have a link to this verbiage? I googled and couldn't find it but i did find this and according to this it looks like it still may be impossible to stay off the recording grid completely for a face to face agent unless you are meeting prospect in an office ,kiosk,event etc.

New Call Recording Requirement
Agents and brokers will need to record all sales calls with beneficiaries in their entirety including the enrollment process. The recordings must be retained in a HIPAA compliant manner for 10 years. This will apply to new and existing clients.

What is considered a sales call? Anything that falls under the “chain of enrollment’ which is defined as the events from the point when a beneficiary becomes aware of an MA/PDP plan to the end of the enrollment process. This means when you are calling leads, scheduling appointments, collecting drug and provider lists and conducting education meetings and phone enrollments. All of these calls would fall under this guidance. Medicare Supplements are not included in the new call recording rules however, if you are selling a Medicare Supplement in tandem with a Prescription Drug Plan, the call would need to be recorded due to the Part D discussion.

Where is the above link from ? I’ve read 4-5 big Fmo’s say appts on the phone don’t need to be recorded . I also read the 700 page compliance that they sent out . Nowhere in there do they say “ phone appts must be recorded “ . Phone appts are not in the chain of enrollment .We’ve discussed nothing but am appointment yet .I might be stood up , might not sell anything , might sell a med sup . Until I start going over mapd or pdp benefits it’s not “ in the chain of enrollment “

Where is the above link from ? I’ve read 4-5 big Fmo’s say appts on the phone don’t need to be recorded . I also read the 700 page compliance that they sent out . Nowhere in there do they say “ phone appts must be recorded “ . Phone appts are not in the chain of enrollment .We’ve discussed nothing but am appointment yet .I might be stood up , might not sell anything , might sell a med sup . Until I start going over mapd or pdp benefits it’s not “ in the chain of enrollment “
I'd think they'd want to know what you said to get them to set an appointment with you.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - New Final Medicare Marketing Rules Curb Event-Based Marketing | ThinkAdvisor

That’s just an article and interpretation . I’m just going on what 4-5 Fmo’s have you interpreted as . Ritter said you don’t . We’ll find out more soon . I can tell you this if call centers don’t have to record incoming calls and appts do I’ll never record . I’ll take my chances . What these phone centers are doing is criminal . I’m having to face to face save 3-4 a month as call centers flipped them .I’ll just say I had a kiosk and they walked up or it was a referral. Know 40 plus Medicare agents and only a few recorded .

Back