How are Face 2 Face Agents planning on handling this?

Came in today to see if there was anything on the 48 hour rule. Thought I missed something. Jumped on a Humana webinar the other day while driving. Kept hearing we need to use the 48 hour rule again but had no idea yet when that starts again. Thought Oh shit I have a ton in past 6 months same day SOA

On the call recording rules, I did an event through AEP so no need for recordings for the many enrollments I did, yet got a call from FMO on two carriers asking for my recordings. I thought this was weird, the FMO not the carrier asking. Is that how it works.

I said, "what recordings, I did events for all those...." Never heard another word, this was 2 months ago.

There were plenty after AEP and through OEP and now that aren't from events, but I didn't talk about those. Havent heard anything since.

I did have a recording system on my phone, but it didn't take long for it to jack my cell phone up - got a new phone and recording them all now - still forgetting to say the disclaimer most the time. I'm all F2F discuss nothing on phone about MAPD.

Came in today to see if there was anything on the 48 hour rule. Thought I missed something. Jumped on a Humana webinar the other day while driving. Kept hearing we need to use the 48 hour rule again but had no idea yet when that starts again. Thought Oh shit I have a ton in past 6 months same day SOA

On the call recording rules, I did an event through AEP so no need for recordings for the many enrollments I did, yet got a call from FMO on two carriers asking for my recordings. I thought this was weird, the FMO not the carrier asking. Is that how it works.

I said, "what recordings, I did events for all those...." Never heard another word, this was 2 months ago.

There were plenty after AEP and through OEP and now that aren't from events, but I didn't talk about those. Havent heard anything since.

I did have a recording system on my phone, but it didn't take long for it to jack my cell phone up - got a new phone and recording them all now - still forgetting to say the disclaimer most the time. I'm all F2F discuss nothing on phone about MAPD.
The new SOA rules are no big deal. It's just CMS pretending to police the call centers. Mine are built into my CRM. It's automatic.

Phone calls are a little different. CMS is talking out of the both sides of their mouth on this one. One paragraph says we can't and the very next one says we can. Calling for an appointment or discussing their current plan does not have to be recorded. I record everything with Radius and 8x8. I've also got 8x8 on my cell phone. Everything's recorded. I don't even think about it.

And last. All calls made from a phone booth or solar cell phone do not have to be recorded.

Cms is a toothless tiger. Their henchmen are the carriers. Everything is policed by the carriers.Thats why nothing ever happens . I’ve heard of phone reps getting 30-40 complaints and nothing ever happens. CO’s simply go threw the motions and outside provable fraud of signing someone up without there knowledge it never goes anywhere. The carriers aren’t cutting their own throat . They want production

Cms is a toothless tiger. Their henchmen are the carriers. Everything is policed by the carriers.Thats why nothing ever happens . I’ve heard of phone reps getting 30-40 complaints and nothing ever happens. CO’s simply go threw the motions and outside provable fraud of signing someone up without there knowledge it never goes anywhere. The carriers aren’t cutting their own throat . They want production

True - carriers don't care.

I had a guy come into my office he was paying something (example $105 for G) with Accendo.

I said, "Oh, you got the household discount."

What?

Yeah, that's the price for living with someone.

"I live alone. No spouse or girlfriend of anything. I don't even have a dog."

He actually brought his policy with him (rare for that to ever happen, but he did). I picked it up - in the back, it had a copy of his app.

"Who's Rebecca?"

Him: there is no Rebecca.

Me: the agent who sold this to you over the phone inserted "Rebecca" as someone you live with for a discount.

He canceled right there. Called Accendo and it was barely a blip on her radar "oh that's interesting yeah we'll mark it as canceled and you'll get a letter."

No compliance alert no "wow that agent should not have done that." Nothing. Just "sure, we'll cancel have a nice day."

True - carriers don't care.

I had a guy come into my office he was paying something (example $105 for G) with Accendo.

I said, "Oh, you got the household discount."

What?

Yeah, that's the price for living with someone.

"I live alone. No spouse or girlfriend of anything. I don't even have a dog."

He actually brought his policy with him (rare for that to ever happen, but he did). I picked it up - in the back, it had a copy of his app.

"Who's Rebecca?"

Him: there is no Rebecca.

Me: the agent who sold this to you over the phone inserted "Rebecca" as someone you live with for a discount.

He canceled right there. Called Accendo and it was barely a blip on her radar "oh that's interesting yeah we'll mark it as canceled and you'll get a letter."

No compliance alert no "wow that agent should not have done that." Nothing. Just "sure, we'll cancel have a nice day."

Now Humana’s another thing . I’ve called many times to cancel pending telesales app on 3 way . Many times client will blurt out “ agent lied to me” . Rep will immediately say do you want to file a complaint? I’ll chime in and say no . I’m not throwing an agent under the bus unless he really screwed the client up . One time we were cancelling app and client went wild . It was Aetna . He did everything he could to not get member to file a complaint . Member insisted

I record nothing and will not ever record, hurricane wiped out all my scopes so what was the point? Do you think cms is ever going to ask you for recordings? Hell, I'm lucky I can find an email at this point.

I record nothing and will not ever record, hurricane wiped out all my scopes so what was the point? Do you think cms is ever going to ask you for recordings? Hell, I'm lucky I can find an email at this point.

It’s not cms that asks for the scope it’s the carrier . If you get a complaint the carrier will ask for the scope . Even though you do an eapp and electronic scope the carrier has no idea you have the scope . When they ask for it you have to produce it . The scope has nothing to do with the company . You can do the scope anywhere from Medicare center to a paper scope . But when they ask for it you need to produce it . I’m sure if you can’t show it they’ll slap you on the wrist

The biggest problem I have with all this is their new apparel rule. I'm not about to wear a coat and tie on every appointment. Are you?

I'm not wearing a tie. And that's final.

Everyone needs to chill out. Do a damn event. And just like the stupid Permission to Contact form, tell them about the stupid 48 hour rule. Pointing out to people that Medicare has a lot of stupid rules to protect seniors, especially those with dementia, has no negative implications to potential clients. I do it everyday with those exact words.

And if you are worried about people calling in, there's also nothing wrong with people finding out that you are so busy with clients that they need to make an appointment via your online calendar.

I think I'll start using this. No matter what the call is about I'm going to start saying I can't. Hurricane got um.

Georgia has a seat belt law and I don't wear one. I usually get pull over at least every other month. I hand the cop my license and he starts writing the ticket. About half way through I give him a copy of a letter. It's from my doctor and says I'm to be excused from wearing a seat belt because I'm severely claustrophobic. It's a legal prescription and they have to accept it. I love the look on their faces when they have to tear that ticket up.

Best part is I don't have a claustrophobic bone in my body.

Back