• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How is gas, food and electric rate hikes affecting FE sales?

Of course it is.

Don't you know, people aren't writing business anymore because everyone is at home wringing their hands about stuff.

No one wrote insurance in the 70s and 80s either when inflation was double digits.

The fetal position on your couch is the obvious solution.

I’m always the last to know :1frown:

I just did,that means you are on pace to write somewhere around 350 first day coverage polices per year,right ?

15x52=780 leads per year. That means you are writing just under 50% of your lead cards,right ?

We know you don’t write GI so do you filter out GI on your lead cards ?

I don’t follow pace or trends. But that would be about right. I wrote 340 apps last year. 325 the year before. I’ve never not written at least 300 applications in a year.

I wouldn’t know how to filter GI out so no, I don’t.

Thinking about getting back into the business after a two year layoff. Concerned that price increases will hurt FE sales or create a lot of chargebacks from current sales. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Wouldn't inflationary pressures expand the potential final expense market, as less may be able to cut a check for their entire final expense cost and may need to pay monthly. I don't know the official national numbers, but my guess is sales have increased.

Wouldn't inflationary pressures expand the potential final expense market, as less may be able to cut a check for their entire final expense cost and may need to pay monthly. I don't know the official national numbers, but my guess is sales have increased.
Valid point...it would be interesting to see an average national number.

Welp, had to fill up this afternoon. Gas Buddy found me the cheapest gas at a foodco gas station. My 4 door sedan took 15 gallons. Compared to last week it was a bargain $85.66.

I only have one claim meeting 5 miles away and a service call about the same.

Yeah, didn't hurt me as much as some. But hey, they can just eat a little less.

I’m noticing many more people on Facebook groups doing fe telesales than 1-2 years ago . Even Massey who used to poo poo fe telesales persistency pushes it hard now . Actually Massey was panning fe direct mail leads a week or so ago. He said there getting too expensive and the quality has tanked .

There’s always going to be an excuse you just have to decide if you’re going to use it or actually produce.

Back