How Much Does Everyone Spend on Leads$$$

Every lead company sucks, we all know that. The reason I am using 4 is because I filter for my county and the one next to me only. Out of the 4 I use, Hometown leads seem to be the hardest to get ahold of, and Vimo are my favorite. (at least they are this week) :goofy:

HometownQuotes has a $1 per lead special going on right now. I still haven't signed up.

One prominent Forum member took Hometown up on their offer and thought they were some of the worst leads he has ever received.

I had a much better conversion with hometownquotes than I did with allwebleads. I have not tried VIMO yet, but I am sure I will be moving around to test others. I believe most people looking for insurance will fill out one or two different sites, so I believe it would be good practice to have several different companies providing you with leads.

Thoughts from the more experienced on this would be greatly appreciated.

I believe in putting all your eggs in one basket with both lead buys and investing. The key to this is maintaining ROI and constant and vigilant tracking. If one lead source works for you keep buying from them until they no longer do. I dont see the advantage in diversifying my leads buys as long as I am getting the return of $7 for every $1 invested that I require.

In the same way I dont diversify investments. I play the most dominant sector until it's momentum slows or I reach my stop. Do the same thing with lead buys and you'll do well.

I would suggest that you pick one thing and really focus on it. Unless you are a large agency with a lot of support, trying to do all that you say will be hard. It takes forever to make money in homeowners. The commissions average about 15% and they are paid as earned. Also, there is not a lot of loyalty now days in personal lines like auto and homeowners. Pick one thing and become an expert at it. That is just my two cents. Good luck in what you are doing.

I am current in the $500 to $600 range. All health, but this year will venture in to the life, annuity, homeowners, LTC leads.[/quote]

I would suggest that you pick one thing and really focus on it. Unless you are a large agency with a lot of support, trying to do all that you say will be hard. It takes forever to make money in homeowners. The commissions average about 15% and they are paid as earned. Also, there is not a lot of loyalty now days in personal lines like auto and homeowners. Pick one thing and become an expert at it. That is just my two cents. Good luck in what you are doing.

I am current in the $500 to $600 range. All health, but this year will venture in to the life, annuity, homeowners, LTC leads.
[/quote] Homeowners, as in personal lines insurance? I've never seen this paid as earned. I've only ever seen it paid in the following months' commission statement, and in full.

How much do you guys spend per month on leads??

Why is it that when posting, the poster assumes everyone that answers will either sell in his market or tailor the comments to an undisclosed market by mental telepathy?

We have separate forums for IFP, Employee Benefits, & Seniors but only one forum for Insurance Leads. Leads are not simply leads... the definition as well as the market differs for their use.

Leads to an IFP agent is totally different from the Medicare Advantage agent under tight scrutiny by CMS. Even Med Sup agents will not have the same constraints in marketing as MA agents. Group/worksite/employee benefit agents are bellying up to business owners. FE agents are selling Life, not Health, for crying out loud.

Don't leave your brains back in the last forum you visited.

I could go on, but "I'm holding back", Frank!

Problem is I am with a captive agency, one of the largest ones in the state, so required to have some sells in all of these line. I have a book of business and right now health is the only thing I can do totally online. The homeowners helps me get the auto, then possible life or disability, or retirement planning (registered rep). The life and LTC are requirements (not high) but need to fill in with what I get from my existing book of business.

Why is it that when posting, the poster assumes everyone that answers will either sell in his market or tailor the comments to an undisclosed market by mental telepathy?

Don't leave your brains back in the last forum you visited.

I could go on, but "I'm holding back", Frank!

Well said. :1smile:

Back