• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How to Sell the Need for Life Insurance?

Send me a pm. With your email. I will send you a power point I use. Life insurance is an emotional sell. You will typically sell what you own on yourself. I recommend owning a large term, whole life, and a UL for your self. You will then sell them easier as it will be your comfort zone.

Would you be willing to send me a copy of your power point? I am also starting in life insurance sales and this would help a lot!

Your company should provide you with some preliminary training to learn how to approach people and how to run interviews. If not, find a company that will.

Find out what's most important to them, kids, wife, education, mortgage. A man can love his wife so much that even the thought of her having to marry somebody else to maintain her lifestyle will stir him to act. A mom will move mountains for her kids if she can, point out to her it just makes good sense to have her kids set up good if something happens. "Nobody will take as good of care as you could, but having the money would help if your not there..." she'll tear up almost every time. How much have they put away for kids school and what happens if that income that supplies the savings for education is lost.

Tug at their heart, they gotta ask you to buy. No tricks or gimmicks just cold facts presented in a way that won't make them feel judged for not having enough or any life insurance. Don't for get UL or GI policies for the kids. Above all know your products and do as much field underwriting as you can, get all the info about there medical history you can. Work your P&C book, talk to no less than 5 people a day from your book about life insurance, frame it as a new service you offer, Give everybody in the book a last will kit with a list of the types of policies you offer in a letter. Good Luck.

Find out what's most important to them, kids, wife, education, mortgage. A man can love his wife so much that even the thought of her having to marry somebody else to maintain her lifestyle will stir him to act. A mom will move mountains for her kids if she can, point out to her it just makes good sense to have her kids set up good if something happens. "Nobody will take as good of care as you could, but having the money would help if your not there..." she'll tear up almost every time. How much have they put away for kids school and what happens if that income that supplies the savings for education is lost.

Tug at their heart, they gotta ask you to buy. No tricks or gimmicks just cold facts presented in a way that won't make them feel judged for not having enough or any life insurance. Don't for get UL or GI policies for the kids. Above all know your products and do as much field underwriting as you can, get all the info about there medical history you can. Work your P&C book, talk to no less than 5 people a day from your book about life insurance, frame it as a new service you offer, Give everybody in the book a last will kit with a list of the types of policies you offer in a letter. Good Luck.

Thank you so much for the great advice. I will put it in practice!!!

I'm coming from a P&C background and I am just got my life and health license. I have some clients to cross-sell but I have no idea how to even start having the conversation. I am talking most about final expense as that seems like a good place to start. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
I would keep it simple at first and stick to why they may need the death benefit:
-FE (perm ins)
-pay off debt (maybe incl kids college)...term
-replace income for 4 years of transition for family after death (term ins)
-estate liquidity....permanent ins

Talk them thru it simply and with empathy

I would keep it simple at first and stick to why they may need the death benefit: -FE (perm ins) -pay off debt (maybe incl kids college)...term -replace income for 4 years of transition for family after death (term ins) -estate liquidity....permanent ins Talk them thru it simply and with empathy

Ding ding ding. Winner!

----------

I've sold a bunch of life insurance over the years, and haven't found many prospects who care a lick about the company, never mind loving it. The life insurance prospect must love SOMEONE or SOMETHING - if not, they're not a prospect!

That's what I was thinking. I'd bet half my clients couldn't even tell you the name of the company without looking at their policy.

Back