• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Humana axed the agent reward program

I’m

if you saw the few posts by the amomonynous poster this weekend on Medicare monsters . Looked very credible . He posted the questions and answers from carriers to cms from Thursday . No overrides period . He also said United would ax all fmo’s and nmo’s and put agents under there company Health markets . Fmo’s are sucking $500 mil to $1 billion in overrides doing little . If they cut comp 50% I’d only work referrals 1-2 days a week and answer client calls . Not that I’m complaining but the bubble had to burst . Theres just been a gold rush of 100’s of thousands of agents rushing into Medicare for the residual lifetime “passive” income . Easy Peasy automatic renewals . Lol

I haven't heard anything about commision cuts to agents.I wish they would end commission advancement because that would help keep the shady operators out and decrease churn.

if you saw the few posts by the amomonynous poster this weekend on Medicare monsters . Looked very credible . He posted the questions and answers from carriers to cms from Thursday . No overrides period .

I did not see that... I'll look for it (I'm in that fb group but can't keep up with all the posts, because I'm old [40 soon!]).

I did not see that... I'll look for it (I'm in that fb group but can't keep up with all the posts, because I'm old [40 soon!]).
They took it down . They allow no negativity . All the recruiters on there want to keep the good times going .

I’m

if you saw the few posts by the amomonynous poster this weekend on Medicare monsters . Looked very credible . He posted the questions and answers from carriers to cms from Thursday . No overrides period . He also said United would ax all fmo’s and nmo’s and put agents under there company Health markets . Fmo’s are sucking $500 mil to $1 billion in overrides doing little . If they cut comp 50% I’d only work referrals 1-2 days a week and answer client calls . Not that I’m complaining but the bubble had to burst . Theres just been a gold rush of 100’s of thousands of agents rushing into Medicare for the residual lifetime “passive” income . Easy Peasy automatic renewals . Lol

Geez 500M - 1B… money that goes,,, back into the economy, money that’s taxed many times over… the government gets a lot of it back (taxes), and it helps the citizens of the country, payroll, and spending.

What do you think they’ll do with that saved money? You think it will do anything better?

Even if it were to stay in “Medicare’s budget” they’ll just pay it out to some fraudulent billing scam.

FMOs may be getting a few bucks, but they also employee a lot of people too.

I’m not an FMO, I’m. Just trying to look at it from different perspectives.

Geez 500M - 1B… money that goes,,, back into the economy, money that’s taxed many times over… the government gets a lot of it back (taxes), and it helps the citizens of the country, payroll, and spending.

What do you think they’ll do with that saved money? You think it will do anything better?

Even if it were to stay in “Medicare’s budget” they’ll just pay it out to some fraudulent billing scam.

FMOs may be getting a few bucks, but they also employee a lot of people too.

I’m not an FMO, I’m. Just trying to look at it from different perspectives.
They can put it back in the plans so they don’t have to cut so deep . I bet 80% of mapd plans had no rx deductible . Next yr 80-90% could have the full $590 rx deductible on all tiers . 40-50% of plans could have premiums . The back lash on agents will be big . People hate having something for yrs and it’s takin away .

They can put it back in the plans so they don’t have to cut so deep . I bet 80% of mapd plans had no rx deductible . Next yr 80-90% could have the full $590 rx deductible on all tiers . 40-50% of plans could have premiums . The back lash on agents will be big . People hate having something for yrs and it’s takin away .

The agents aren't taking it away. It's real simple to point to who is taking it away.

"Mrs. Jones, unfortunately the government (if you want to specify the current administration, that works too) has made some reductions in funding to the insurance companies and changed the requirements on Part D. Due to this, the carriers have a smaller amount of money form which to work. That means they had to reduce benefits/increase costs."

The agent certainly isn't responsible for changes in benefits. Sure, sometimes people like to shoot the messenger, but this will be an easy explanation that most will understand. They may not like it, but they'll understand.

The agents aren't taking it away. It's real simple to point to who is taking it away.

"Mrs. Jones, unfortunately the government (if you want to specify the current administration, that works too) has made some reductions in funding to the insurance companies and changed the requirements on Part D. Due to this, the carriers have a smaller amount of money form which to work. That means they had to reduce benefits/increase costs."

The agent certainly isn't responsible for changes in benefits. Sure, sometimes people like to shoot the messenger, but this will be an easy explanation that most will understand. They may not like it, but they'll understand.
I really didn’t mean they’d blame the agent directly . But I do think clients will be more open to listen to other agents this yr especially the con agents and call centers . Even after you move them to the best plan their unhappiness leaves the door open to shop.Im not necessarily saying durung aep as they havent felt the effects of the changes .Oep will be tough . My strategy is spend most of aep with clients and some referrerals .Don't get me wrong the total # of medicare people going nowhere . They'll have to accept the changes just like they accepted many groceries up 50-100% the last 4 yrs

Yes, that can… but they could have already done that. Here’s an idea, instead of 3k dental benefits, with a drug deductible…. They drop the dental benefit, and remove the drug deductible.

The plan coverage has moved away from greater medical coverage, to fatter extras, to lure people in.

The carriers tell CMS they can’t do anything g about it, the agent commissions are just too much… sure that’s the issue, that’s why OM is cheaper, bc of the agents/fmo, nothing else…

Just remember, there was no federal income tax until about 1913. We know who takes the money away.

As I mentioned, commissions get taxed federally each time they pay out to each level, and then taxed again when it’s spent or investment money is made from it.

You know the scammers, they ones who are caught, they pay back a very small amount of what is owed, then they serve a little prison time, and when they are released, they go get the hidden dollars.

If the PDP sh*t show is big enough, you can bet the retirees will be calling their congressman.

There is a part of me that things most consumers won’t really be paying much attention. A lot of them don’t look at the annual notice of changes. They are inundated with Medicare information, and as a result, tune out most of it.

I’m

You saying 'Residual Income' is no longer happening for newer agents ?

:err:

Any business i write for 2024 i will stress the point in the statement of understanding about how plans can change or not renew for next year.

It's going to suck as we write T65 clients for the rest of this year and knowing the best plan this year will almost definitely not be the best plan next year especially the holy grails of the T65 that we write late in the year and receive true ups then renewals starting jan 1.

Back