I Am Interested Selling FE and Med Supps by Phone

Augustus

Expert
I have had good success with cold calling for FE. I know that everyone is probably in agreement when I say, when I get in my truck and leave my driveway, I am gonna drop dam near $75 to $100 out there! It's just the way it is.

I say this because the title of my post automatically insinuates laziness not only to you the reader but myself as well! This is not the case as I prefer and enjoy visiting with client's on a face to face basis. It's the way I was taught and been doing business the last 20 years in other sales industries.

I post this as a feeler to see if any of you vets might have any thoughts or direction on this subject. Things have changed so much over the last 20 years where I used to know where every payphone was in Houston, to the way it is now.

Now the catch. LOL! I'm only licensed in Texas, is there a good way to do this via phone or just keep truckin' the way I have been?

Long time listner, first time caller. I'll hang up now and listen to what yall got to say!:D

By the way, that last line I can't stand it when people do it on the radio.

Goodnight folks, look forward to any input or advice!

Several years ago I would have never thought that Med Supps could be sold successfully over the phone.

For the past several years I have been selling more and more Med Supps over the phone every year. When I am ready to set the appointment I do so in such a way that it strongly encourages them to "just take care of it over the phone".

I am always ready to go on the appointment if necessary. I think that makes a big difference, the fact that I will go if they want me to or if I feel it is necessary.

Once you have their Med Supp business following up with FE is much easier. Even if you have to go on a Med Supp appointment, FE should be easily done over the phone now that the prospect is a client.

Several years ago I would have never thought that Med Supps could be sold successfully over the phone.

Once you have their Med Supp business following up with FE is much easier. Even if you have to go on a Med Supp appointment, FE should be easily done over the phone now that the prospect is a client.

I agree with Frank, wholeheartedly, on two things. First, Frank's method of prospecting for Medicare Supplement business is, by all accounts, THE way to go. Secondly, by working what I know of Frank's method, final expense clients can and will come and, remember, at no mailing or dialer cost!

So, to sum up, yes, they can both be done by phone and, using Frank's methodology, with VERY little or no expense necessary.

The problem with Frank's method here in Northern Ohio, is that Frank lives out in the rural side. Here in the urban side of things, every senior that doesn't already have their number on the DNC is dirt rich poor, those same seniors almost all have the medicare advantage plan with 0 dollar montly premium. I even come across quite a few seniors that have money, and they still prefere MA (the thing I learned from Frank that helps me the most, is putting the leads into the pipeline, come rate up time from the companies). The only seniors I couldn't find on the Dnc is seniors that live practically in the ghetto. So in this climate, im thinking it would be easier to call for FE and crosssell Med supps....

The problem with Frank's method here in Northern Ohio, is that Frank lives out in the rural side. Here in the urban side of things, every senior that doesn't already have their number on the DNC is dirt rich poor, those same seniors almost all have the medicare advantage plan with 0 dollar montly premium. I even come across quite a few seniors that have money, and they still prefere MA (the thing I learned from Frank that helps me the most, is putting the leads into the pipeline, come rate up time from the companies). The only seniors I couldn't find on the Dnc is seniors that live practically in the ghetto. So in this climate, im thinking it would be easier to call for FE and crosssell Med supps....

I too live in northeast ohio. I use Franks system for T65 in the off season and and 65-75 starting in nov. For med-supps. I circle 18 counties im willing to drive to and pull a list off sales genie. I have more numbers than I can call in a month. The biggest problem I had was the T65 thinking they dont need help. I have to call more to get that appointment and I have to go see them in person. But Frank system works here to. I purchase no leads so any money spent is just gas and sales genie

I would try to stay away from MA plans, this past year it was a TOTAL MESS getting paid....it is June and I have not gotten paid correctly for Jan effectives!!!

Back