"I have it through my husbands job"

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
I asked about this before but Im still getting a lot and I mean a lot of these replies "I have it through my husbands job" from people I meet doing business to business. And even more since I have started to telemarket business owners. And when they say that, I always ask what they are paying to get that coverage. And almost 90-95% of the time they claim nothing. "His company pays for our whole family". Now we all know this is a bunch of BS. You would think that every company that supplies health insurance to its employees also pays for the whole family. Does every one else get this? Whats your rebuttal?

its an easy thing to say to get rid of u. they think it shuts u down. here is what i say: " ya know for the 15 years that i have been selling indiv. health insurance i have found that companies are no longer paying for the depend. coverage because they are forced under federal law to pay about a majority of the employees coverage, aint this how yours works?

I asked about this before but Im still getting a lot and I mean a lot of these replies "I have it through my husbands job" from people I meet doing business to business. And even more since I have started to telemarket business owners. And when they say that, I always ask what they are paying to get that coverage. And almost 90-95% of the time they claim nothing. "His company pays for our whole family". Now we all know this is a bunch of BS. You would think that every company that supplies health insurance to its employees also pays for the whole family. Does every one else get this? Whats your rebuttal?

I run into this sometimes and approach as an, "oh yeah."

Client: His company pays for our whole family

J.R. Oh yeah.....Your husband/wife must be working for one of the top 1% of companies that actually take care of it's employees by paying for all of the health coverage? What does he do for a living?

Client: Yeah, it really is nice, he works for XYZ Company.

J.R. If his company normally pays for all of the health insurance perhaps I should see if they are hiring. All of my clients are small business owners like yourself, and about 25% of them believe that there spouses company pays for everything. Unfortunately, in most of the cases this is not true because the company deducts the cost of health insurance from their employees paycheck and often times this gets garbled up with the rest of tax deductions, IRA contributions and such.

NOTE: The client's next response will be either a "oh really" or that is not the case." In the latter case, thank them for their time because it's either is true (rare) or they have no interest. If you get oh really, just continue your pitch...

J.R. Sometimes it is best to stay where you are, but I never leave anything to doubt if there is a way to help out a client. Do you want to find out if If I can save you money on your health insurance and provide a comprehensive insurance plan?"

"Ok, I am going to need to speak with your wife/husband then about the plan with their company to see if there is a way to help you out. Most of the time people do not know what they are paying for health insurance through their spouse and often times I can save clients money and provide a plan that does not have as many of the limitations of a group plan. "What is a good number to reach your wife/husband at?: yadda, yadda, yadda.

If you get it a lot, you might try to just pre-empt it. Just answer right away, that is great...many of my most satisfied clients has insurance through their spouse and I was able to save them ....

If you're getting a lot of "I have it through my husband's job" then you're not talking to business owners.

I had three husbands already this morning that are small business owners whom I located on Reference USA tell me that they are on their wifes plan and her employer pays for the whole family. Most being, oh my wifes a teacher, or my wife works for the city, or my wife works for the state, or my wife works for some one whom pays for our medical. A lot of small business owners still have one or the other spouse still working for some one else. I have two small business owner clients right now and the other spouse was working for a company, and they had the family covered under the group, but the spouse was wanting to leave their long time career to come to work for the family business and needed to get them all covered on their own plan. Neither one of those was able to leave their current job because one of the family members couldnt get covered under an ind plan because of health issues.

Also, if their wife is a teacher, or works for the city, then there is a very good chance that they do pay for most of it.
My wife is an OT with the school system, and they pay 90% of the family rate.

Don't know. You're not dialing enough numbers or you have a bad list. Here are leads from one of my marketers yesterday - no problems at all finding actual business owners who not only need coverage but also want quotes for all their employees:

1)Name of Company: Premier Mortgage Funding
Name of Contact: Ms. To***
Phone Number: (301) 705
Address: 3195 Old Washington Rd, Waldorf, MD 20602
Email Address: t2tolliver@a
Age/ S or NS: 42- S
Notes: This quote is for one of the employees her name is Lee. Your contact will probably be Lee. Others in the office have insurance already.

2)Name of Company: Atlantic Mailing Systems
Name of Contact: Gene Ve
Phone Number: (301) 885-3
Address: 12411 Kaine Pl, Waldorf, MD, 20601
Email Address: Bikema
Age/ S or NS: 47-N
Notes: PLEASE SEND INFO CURRENTLY HAS INDIV. PLAN

3)Name of Company: Topus Tanning Salon
Name of Contact: Chad
Phone Number: (301) 870-
Address: 2903 Festival Way, Waldorf, MD, 20601
Email Address: topustannings
Age/ S or NS: 47-NS, 32- NS, 18- S

1. Greensfelder Chiropractic P C
325 Gambrills Rd
(410) 674-8
Gambrills, MD
Spoke to Vanessa. Wants a quote for 1 indv.
27 female non-smoker
no e-mail. Can mail or fax. Fax number is:
410-67

2. Servpro Of The Lower Shore
309 Truitt Street, Salisbury, MD 21804
(410) 749-2
Spoke to Jody. Would like quotes for 5 individuals.
They switched in 01/07, but would like to compare
pricing.
Email: servpro1899@comc
25 male non-smoker
35 male smoker
42 male non-smoker
50 male non-smoker
45 male smoker

3. Nib's Carpet Care
31929 Bonhill Drive, Salisbury, MD 21801
(443) 235-
Owner/Tom Nt. In the process of moving to Hebron.
No e-mail or fax. Please mail 2 indiv quotes to he and

wife to:
26934 Osprey Circle Hebron, MD 21830
1 male 58 non-smoker
1 female 55 non-smoker. Wants to save money!

4. Glatfelter Pulp Wood Company
P.O. Box 1971
Salisbury, MD
410-74
Annette. Wants quotes for 6 indiv.
Email to: nman
All are male
42 male smoker
45 male smoker
50 male smoker
44 male non-smoker
55 male non-smoker
46 male non-smoker

5. American Legion
1109 American Legion Rd
P O Box 1258
Salisbury, MD. 21801
(410) 74
Spoke to Jack P
Email; jwpulli
3 indiv.
1 male nonsmoker 52
1 male non smoker 60
1 female smoker 50

6. Christian Community Center
408 Gordy Road
Salisbury, MD
(410) 749-
Spoke to:
dec@delmarvaevange
to Gail. Indv, quotes
male 36 non-smoker
35 female non-smoker

7. Ed Herring Discount Blinds
8275 Avalon Boulevard, Salisbury, MD 21804
(410) 742
Spoke to owner/John. Want indv. Quotes for himself and
wife
63 male non-smoker
59 female non-smoker fax to:443-26or mail.

John,

What script are your marketers using to get these leads?

Here is the one Im using. Not having a lot of success so far with it.
I Keep having people cut me off in the middle and tell me they are not interested and had several just hang up on me.

Hi, My name is Chris Hoddy with First American Insurance
Group. We are a local health insurance brokerage that is
dedicated to helping business owners locate affordable health
insurance. I'm calling to show you how I may be able to lower
your health insurance premiums while improving your coverage.

Do you have two minutes?

I need to ask a couple of quick questions and see if you can benefit from our service.

1. Are you paying too much for health insurance?

2. If you could change any ONE thing about your plan, what would it be?

Latest posts

Back