Ideal Concepts Aka American Insurance Organization

Do you realize how asinine it is to think that this thread is what motivated a huge company to get on the right track? Sorry, but that's laughable especially when the earlier posts were all based upon assumptions and not facts.

As for great money......easily $60,000-$75,000 depending upon the hours you want to work. If you truly want to go full-time, and invest in having a large number of state licenses, you can easily be north of $100,000 all while working from home and never having to pay for a single lead. At this stage of the game, I am not worried about renewals etc. As long as I am getting paid what my time is worth (and I am) then I am good. When you toss in the fact that I can work from my home, a beach, my woods or even outside of my son's football stadium while I'm waiting for game time......this job becomes all the more valuable to me.

With that said, you need to be focused, understand how benefits work (both individual and their correlation with employer plans) and be willing to hear a lot of no's. If you can't do that then this is not the right job for you. But for me....it's exactly what I was looking for.

I was turned off when I spoke to them two or three years ago for a few reasons.

Although they claimed to have agents working from home "across the country," I would have had to attend their silly training class five days a week for a month, as I live within an hour from their Allentown, PA corporate office. WTH. The snippy female recruiter and I would not have gotten along.

It sounded like it was a "free-for-all" during OEP, then dead the rest of the year, being tied to the phone for eight hours daily to to sell "skinny" STM, indemnity plans and ancillaries. This was before they got into Medicare, then they started hounding me with messages to work at the site or remotely on that program. No, thanks.

Sounds more like an isolated event. The training now runs for two weeks however only the first couple of days are class like settings (done from your home virtually). Like I said earlier, we are not into OEP yet and I have zero issues with the leads, money or the time invested. There are far more products available today then skinny stm's. As a matter of fact, the STM's that we have access to are quite robust and with the new comp system in place you would have to be fairly inept to not make a good income. There are also PLENTY of people enrolling into the ACA due to a SEP throughout the year. I have multiple every week in that situation that I am writing.

I can see there is a lot of "fake news" on this site. First of all, they don't hire anyone without interviewing. I had two phone interviews, one being an hour long with role playing, and had to take 3 job assessments. Thankfully I passed everything and was offered a position.

My first week of training will be 4 full days, 9 am - 6 pm. Then I will have a manager shadow me on the phone. There will be more advanced training after the first month.

You can't miss any training, and you must pass tests that are given, to proceed forward. I am also a "remote" agent, so the agents who posted the nonsense about no training for remote agents, or that they just hire you without an interview, are giving false information. Why is that?

Also, I have searched over and over again on the internet for "scam" articles regarding AIO and Ideal Concepts. Guess what....I found ZERO! If you have something, please copy and post to this site. I am more than willing to read it, and bring it to the company's attention to get answers.

Finally, I am a female agent, who has been on this forum in the past, but left because of the immaturity of so-called insurance professionals. Having said that, I recently rejoined, but sadly, the immature comments from childish agents hasn't gone away! When are you going to grow up and act respectfully? Do you not care? If not, your foolishness will be lead you to ruins in the end. Of that you can be certain. God sees, hears, and watches ALL of us. HE is the ONE who sits on the THRONE! Amen!

Hello AgentJanez, thanks for the message. I am in the process of interviewing with them and trying to decide if it is a good fit for me. Can you tell me realistically how much you can make your first year (granted you work hard)? It says on many reviews you can make like 100k your first year but I also feel like I read that everywhere and not sure if its true or not. Also, I read that if you work with them you are "captive"? Not totally clear on that or what that means but if you can give any information on that for me it would be greatly appreciated. I am quite new and still trying to understand this and find a good company to start with.

I have worked in the past with Ideal Concepts.

Its not a bad gig during Open Enrollment because you get a lot of opportunities to cross sell, but once Obamacare OEM is over its dead.
You have to rely on selling STM plans, which is tough because most of the prospects are Obamacare prospects i.e. broke & sick and so not really STM clients.

My biggest problem with them is the way they distribute leads. They generate a lot of health leads, but their call center in Allentown gets first dibs on them. They get the wheat, the home-based remote agents are stuck with the chaff. The call center contacts the fresh leads, and the leads they couldn't sell get distributed to the remote agents.

Anyway, the reason they recruiting heavily now is because its terrible this time of year and they are probably losing agents right and left. Add the fact that STMs are about to be limited to 3 months and that SEP Obamacare plans don't pay commission and their agents must really be heading for the exits.

Hey papercutter, thanks for the post. I am in the middle of interviewing with them and as I am quite new I am not sure if this is a good fit for me or not. Would you recommend working there? Why/whynot?

Hello AgentJanez, thanks for the message. I am in the process of interviewing with them and trying to decide if it is a good fit for me. Can you tell me realistically how much you can make your first year (granted you work hard)? It says on many reviews you can make like 100k your first year but I also feel like I read that everywhere and not sure if its true or not. Also, I read that if you work with them you are "captive"? Not totally clear on that or what that means but if you can give any information on that for me it would be greatly appreciated. I am quite new and still trying to understand this and find a good company to start with.
Don't hold your breath waiting for a response. It's been 3 years since she's logged in. Not a good sign. :err:

Back