• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Insurance License Suspended over failure to pay College Loans

The higher wages have just started . Started with Target , Costco , Walmart and a few restaurants . Bank America now min $22 am hr. What does that mean ? I’m an air condition tech or Landscaper making $15 an hr . Screw that I’ll go work inside in air conditioning. I want $23 am hr min now .The paint contractor can find no workers at $15 so he must raise to $25 now to attract good workers . So he doesn’t care he’ll bid $2-$3 k higher on his bids . As I said it’s a vicious cycle were all raise there bids .

Stock prices skying cause little inflation . You know why ? Because a very small % of people own a lot of stock . It’s concentrated in the top 5% . So if Jeff bezos worth $10billion or $200 bil on paper means little . He never spends his incremental increase in wealth . But ssdi recipient Rufus who just got $3400 free Stimy spends it in hrs . It hits the economy immediately causing a crush for goods and services causing bottlenecks in the supply chain and skying prices .

I can tell you with all this inflation, I'm loving my holdings in real estate and silver. Best hedges ever.
The richest real estate these days has a bunch of trees and logging rights lol.

If we get "some" inflation, it's going to be great for our business as a whole.

Interest rates forced up, higher annuity rates, new laws allowing us to stuff more money into interest-rate sensitive products (IUL, UL, Whole life), and the carriers being able to manage their balance sheets more efficiently, making for stronger companies is all good for our businesses.

I will make a lot more money with some rising rates to offset inflation. I'm not talking late 70s early 80s rates but more like late 90s.

Stock prices skying cause little inflation . You know why ? Because a very small % of people own a lot of stock . It’s concentrated in the top 5% . So if Jeff bezos worth $10billion or $200 bil on paper means little . He never spends his incremental increase in wealth . But ssdi recipient Rufus who just got $3400 free Stimy spends it in hrs . It hits the economy immediately causing a crush for goods and services causing bottlenecks in the supply chain and skying prices .

I get it.

I was an econ major too like you seem to be. I guess I just don't see all of the doom and gloom regarding inflation. Look, if it somehow goes rampant then yes, it will be a problem for everyone.

But, moderate inflation that causes increasing interest rates is a trade-off that can work for our industry.

We just may have to hold off on building that new deck.

Last edited:
I’m just a real smart dude in a lot of areas . I know most business things like the back of my hand . The 10 yr bond is at 1.6% simply because the Fed is buying $120 bil a month of bonds . In all of history we’ve seem printing always ends bad . Wether raising taxes big to pay it back or fear of outright default cause people to demand much higher rates to continue to buy the debt . But your correct at some pt people will consume less if prices keep rising or entrepreneurs will find a way to satisfy demand . Time will tell

I’m just a real smart dude in a lot of areas . I know most business things like the back of my hand . The 10 yr bond is at 1.6% simply because the Fed is buying $120 bil a month of bonds . In all of history we’ve seem printing always ends bad . Wether raising taxes big to pay it back or fear of outright default cause people to demand much higher rates to continue to buy the debt . But your correct at some pt people will consume less if prices keep rising or entrepreneurs will find a way to satisfy demand . Time will tell
I think we're both kind of saying the same thing, you just believe it is going to go a lot further than I do.

I'm pretty confident that the current administration's answer is going to just be to stop printing money and just start raising taxes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/28/biden-budget-reiterates-top-capital-gains-tax-rate.html

I’m just a real smart dude in a lot of areas .
There is an extra space before the period at the end of each of your sentences, you misspelled "whether", you are missing a comma after "pay it back", and missing a comma after default. The second to last sentence "you're" was misspelled as "your". I assume "pt" was supposed to mean "point", there should be a comma after "rising", and you are missing a period after "tell" at the end of your paragraph, mister "smart dude".

;):tongue:

Last edited:
Back