Is Now a Good A Time to Sell Annuities?

FIA's are easier to sell in a down or volatile market than an up, even with improved caps and spreads. It's mostly guarantees that separate it from other investment vehicles.

The spike in rates should be good for straight fixed though, depending on it's separation from it's main competitor, cds, though.

This is largely true, but if we are positioning these FIA products as a bond alternative (largely accurate), then in a rising rate environment, we have a superior option.

Also, for the clients who were heavily weighted in equities in their 50s 10 years ago and are now in their 60s and almost retiring, there is another reason to buy an FIA:

This is largely true, but if we are positioning these FIA products as a bond alternative (largely accurate), then in a rising rate environment, we have a superior option.

Also, for the clients who were heavily weighted in equities in their 50s 10 years ago and are now in their 60s and almost retiring, there is another reason to buy an FIA:

The pitch is clearly 1.) Lock in the gains over the past few years 2.) Take a life time income rider into retirement.

The easy part is pointing out the crash of 08-09. It's still fresh and a valid selling point.

If you are going to write annuities, check your E&O coverage. Used to be annuities were automatically covered. Not so with many plans today. Annuities are added for an extra premium above the life and health coverage.

I would doubt that would happen since companies are vetting the hell out of clients and suitability nowadays.

Isn't that the truth... enough that a agent who means well, often leaves business on the table because of the potential issues it might present.

As to jail time... might depend on the state... I would be hard pressed to do much annuity business in good ole California... talk about a law suit happy state... and I live in IL.

If you are going to write annuities, check your E&O coverage. Used to be annuities were automatically covered. Not so with many plans today. Annuities are added for an extra premium above the life and health coverage.
Annuities are included in mine, with the exception of Variable Annuities. :yes:

Back