It looks like Equita is in the Mortgage protection business as well as fe.

I am looking at going onboard with a brokerage that does primarily MP through Americo. It seems like a very good set up. I am a new agent and would like to know how others that are selling MP are doing now. Please help!!

I am looking at going onboard with a brokerage that does primarily MP through Americo. It seems like a very good set up. I am a new agent and would like to know how others that are selling MP are doing now. Please help!!

If you are going through a brokerage - don't they have a training program for you?

From what I can tell - being the first to the client is essential and increases your opportunity to close the deal.

Throw out the line with attractive bait and hook the fish quick before another fisherman comes along.

Tom

They generate their own leads and seem to really have a nitch for what they do. I am just wanting to know are agents really making money selling MP right now? They told me in the interview that you should make between $65-85k your first year onboard. I am just looking for the best route.

I also have seen several posts from you regarding FE. I am interested in talking more about that as well but cannot send any PM's..........

Due to the lenders across America getting more strict to whom they lend to it has been quite tough lately. The few that can get financing are getting bombarded with so many of the Mortgage Protection letters that the return response rate is substantially lower. You will find a ton of competition more so now than ever in the market (at least from what I've seen) and until this whole housing thing gets back on track it will be that way for some time. Just my 2 cents.

That's what I was looking for. I kind of got that feeling anyhow. I remember when I bought my house how my experience went with the mailers. Kind of like the "extended warranty" mailers you get when you buy a car too.........

I'm new to the forum and have to few post to PM. I am intrested in your friends info. Please PM me, or make a suggestion for an alternative means of contact. Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Are there any Equita managers that would like to sign an experienced MP agent with a solid track record. Looking for an 80% or better contract. Please PM. Thanks

Last edited:
I just spoke with a person from Equita, appears that you now have to sign a form or statement saying that you were not directly recruited by Equita. I went to a NAA meeting/boot camp for 2 days and was not impressed. They cam across as slick hustlers who would do or say anything. I did my research on them after attending the meeting, and never submitted contracting paperwork with any of their companies. I am very curious about Equita and how they operate. I do find it very interesting that they have gotten into a pi**ng contest with NAA over agents. I am not sure I want to even move further with Equita. The thing is that I am licensed in every aspect, life/p&c/securities. I am looking to move independent on a part time basis, without having to sell my soul in order to do so. Anyone have any advice or pointers?

I just spoke with a person from Equita, appears that you now have to sign a form or statement saying that you were not directly recruited by Equita. I went to a NAA meeting/boot camp for 2 days and was not impressed. They cam across as slick hustlers who would do or say anything. I did my research on them after attending the meeting, and never submitted contracting paperwork with any of their companies. I am very curious about Equita and how they operate. I do find it very interesting that they have gotten into a pi**ng contest with NAA over agents. I am not sure I want to even move further with Equita. The thing is that I am licensed in every aspect, life/p&c/securities. I am looking to move independent on a part time basis, without having to sell my soul in order to do so. Anyone have any advice or pointers?

I posted ample info about my opinion but I would like to share something one of their agents who is jumping ship with them told me... they have recruited sOOOO many people that they are now officially screwed. This agent was with NAA and moved with her upline to Equita Mortgage, been with this guy for a year and has yet to sell a policy with them. Why? 1) the leads are HORRIFIC; they gave her leads from 2003-05 and they were all impaired risk. 2) the agent has no training and has no idea what to do with impaired risk and actually doesn't even know how to write business, period. She also informed me that her sister and 3 of her friends are all in the same boat. Next story would be from an agent who paid my friend to set appointments for her so my friend who is an excellent appointment setter proceeded to spend the next week trying to get this woman an appointment but she couldn't because the same b leads that this woman paid for were also sold to another member of her same sales team who had also been calling all of the leads. After the first few who said they JUST spoke with someone, my friend asked them all who it was and they all gave the same name of the person on her sales team. What does this tell you, folks? Do you really need any more info than that? Run the heck away and don't ever look back, in my opinion.

Its amazing to me that all these people who have no experience selling insurance are getting involved with NAA or Equita. There is so much for you to learn about insurance, annuities etc... and most of these newbies are going to work being recruited by an agent that has NO MORE EXPERIENCE than the new recruit. I mean I know this is a loose anology but would you trust your life savings to a new financial advisor who is being trained by another NEW financial advisor without any education or training in the industry?

come on folks....

NAA & Equita are just semi-professional pimps and you are all their whores....

Back