Lead Champion Aged Leads

Just received an email from Lead Champion offering aged leads. Anyone have experience with them? Are they sold to more than one Agent?

If they are within a year old, they are probably pretty good leads. Many people are constantly sending in mailers. They wouldn’t know if they sent it last month or last year.

Even if they understood it was from 6-12 months back, you can tell them you just “wanted to make sure someone stopped by previously and all is well?” The worst case scenario, they tell you to leave.

You would obviously have more success with these in lower income areas.

I’ve run my old leads many times over and always made sales.

If they are within a year old, they are probably pretty good leads. Many people are constantly sending in mailers. They wouldn’t know if they sent it last month or last year.

Even if they understood it was from 6-12 months back, you can tell them you just “wanted to make sure someone stopped by previously and all is well?” The worst case scenario, they tell you to leave.

You would obviously have more success with these in lower income areas.

I’ve run my old leads many times over and always made sales.
My first impulse was to leave a more than slightly sarcastic reply.
But what you are saying is true.
So many of our clients don't think of the need for FE until there is a need in their life. (Going to an uninsured relatives funeral and passing the hat and talking about the freeloading bum, then realizing they are unprepared also.) The advantage of a fresher lead might be that an event like this is more recent. But perhaps this experience has reoccurred just before you showed up with the more stale lead.
And just like there is "buyers remorse," so there are people who don't buy but later regret and wish they had another chance to do so.

My first impulse was to leave a more than slightly sarcastic reply.
But what you are saying is true.
So many of our clients don't think of the need for FE until there is a need in their life. (Going to an uninsured relatives funeral and passing the hat and talking about the freeloading bum, then realizing they are unprepared also.) The advantage of a fresher lead might be that an event like this is more recent. But perhaps this experience has reoccurred just before you showed up with the more stale lead.
And just like there is "buyers remorse," so there are people who don't buy but later regret and wish they had another chance to do so.

I’ve run my old leads many times. I would only do this with direct mail. If these companies can’t give me a copy of the direct mail piece or they only provide aged internet leads, I wouldn’t want to run them.

I often wonder about the original buyer of aged leads. Do you think he/she expects the leads to be resold over and over?

Years ago I bought exclusive leads. I would really hate to have the client I wrote 6 months previously on that lead to be approached by another agent,

Rick
I often wonder about the original buyer of aged leads. Do you think he/she expects the leads to be resold over and over?

Years ago I bought exclusive leads. I would really hate to have the client I wrote 6 months previously on that lead to be approached by another agent,

Rick

I bought some leads several years ago from a lead vendor and they had my "number" on the top of the lead. A couple years later I ordered some aged leads from YIG and they sent me a bunch of those exact same leads.

I sold a case off of an aged lead just last week. About the time of the original lead, she had bought the AARP term plan. Then her daughter discovered it was term and she dropped it. When I knocked on the door the other night, the daughter had recently sent a dm reply, shopping for better coverage. She thought I was there in response to that. She’d also been told her mom would only qualify for GI, and had quotes for a couple of those. I got her issued standard.

Back