Leads from SEO

G

I know its necessary to get a website up. I am thinking about doing a cheap word press website and paying an SEO company to do monthly maintenance and what not so I maintain position on search engines. if i can get first page results, i was curious as to personal experience, what can i expect as far as leads generated from a website on the first page of google, yahoo, bing, ect.?

Also, i was thinking of getting a sales driven website where the clients only option is to get a quote (similar to Geico and Progressive). any thoughts on that vs the traditional sites most agents have?

I think you need to do your keyword research first. First page of google for any insurance term is work. If you want to give me a call I'll check Stine of your terms in your area and get you a better idea of what you're looking at.

results vary wildly, but i would definitely call some customers that the seo company has had before and see if they were satisfied...

i started my website right at 2 yrs ago, but got 4 leads today. took me 3 or 4 months to get my first lead, but over time, it can grow!

I think you need to do your keyword research first. First page of google for any insurance term is work. If you want to give me a call I'll check Stine of your terms in your area and get you a better idea of what you're looking at.

well thats why i wanted to pay a company to do it :twitchy:. I wanted to be more relevant as far as local listings in my area. I guess my real question is does anyone know a place that can design the website and do seo with a some kind of first page results guarantee for my local area and a few surrounding? and if so is it viable to be able to expect a good amount of leads from this type of marketing?

I don't think anyone can truly guarantee it.

You're asking about 2 different things also.

Organic SEO for national terms works differently from local. One requires backlinks and content relevance, the other requires citations and local activity, listings, reviews, etc.

You can hit both, but they require 2 different optimization strategies that don't totally overlap.

I'd recommend you find the keyword phrases that people search for in your state, and do the local area using the standard google search for it, get a basic wordpress site up, and start blogging on the topics along with getting some citations done for local search.

Citations are time consuming and cheaper to outsource than do yourself.

It is better to do citations BEFORE you do a google/yahoo/bing local listing. It improves the rank you end up with if they're done correctly and in the right order.

I do have methods for all of that stuff if you need help.

well thats why i wanted to pay a company to do it :twitchy:. I wanted to be more relevant as far as local listings in my area. I guess my real question is does anyone know a place that can design the website and do seo with a some kind of first page results guarantee for my local area and a few surrounding? and if so is it viable to be able to expect a good amount of leads from this type of marketing?

Anyone that's saying they can guarantee page one is making a pretty interesting claim. It's pretty easy to get to page one for extremely longtail terms, but you're going to have a hard time getting page 1 for "car insurance" nationally. No one in their right mind is going to guarantee you'll be page one for your areas. It's entirely possible that it can happen, but folks that make guarantees like that, especially with what I imagine your budget to me, aren't usually going to be able to come through with what they promise.

There is no way to tell what the volume in your area is without knowing what the area is and what keywords your targeting. The best answer is between zero and a bunch.

For most agents they're better off getting a website because if your serious about life, you need to have a website, and the leads from it will usually make the site pay for itself.

I'm launching AffordableMarketingGroup.com and have SEO services that are much less expensive than the average shop and revolve more around doing stuff that will help a smaller local agency rank well in their areas.

Most of what you'll probably find is that there just isn't enough volume in your areas to justify the $500/month+ most SEO companies are going to want to charge.

Citations are time consuming and cheaper to outsource than do yourself.

Im sorry im not to sure what citations are. do you mean like articles regarding insurance that are cited from other places?

I get hit with SEO pitches all the time - about 6 times a month. When they make promises, here's my response:

"You can guarantee ranking?"
"Yes, I can."

"Ok, I want first page for "insurance."
"Ummm, you're not gonna get 1st page for "insurance."

"Ok, first page for "health insurance."
"No can do on that either."

"Right, so I'll you'll get me guaranteed first page for "affordable health savings account plans in Odenton Maryland."
"....click...."

You should ask them for a client list.

I could use it to prospect :)

Back