Let's Create a Shared Insurance Website

I've got some web savvy people doing the same thing...except I have never considered sharing all the leads with some other agents who don't make me a commission of some type.... Why would you not develop on your own and make all the money? Or if you are really that good and don't want to sell that much Insurance than sell the leads off.

Just a thought, I'll be keeping my sites to myself and my agents!

More power to you. Some people can lead the pack. They can make individual decisions and excel in what they do. I hope the best for YOUR WEBSITE to generate you and your agents many leads in the future.

For me, I'll take comfort that a large body of professionals will vote about the direction of our mutually owned website. I think there's more wisdom with a group, than a lone wolf.

More power to you. Some people can lead the pack. They can make individual decisions and excel in what they do. I hope the best for YOUR WEBSITE to generate you and your agents many leads in the future.

For me, I'll take comfort that a large body of professionals will vote about the direction of our mutually owned website. I think there's more wisdom with a group, than a lone wolf.

Are you from Alabama by any chance?

How much do you think an agent would have to spend on your website on avg? How much would I have to invest to get the ball rolling?

Do you have a budget or a plan of sorts?

Insurance is one of the most competitive arena's online. SEO costs will probably exceed $10k a month and not see results for a least a year.

This is not a bad idea. In fact, I've thought about doing something similar for years but have never been able to block out enough time to work on the project.

I'd love to hear more details.

Your plan may or may not work exactly as you have outlined it. However, that doesn't mean that your are going to fail. It just means that you may need to make adjustments or corrections along the way.

There are a lot of Negative Nellie in this thread. If it took a poll of my friends and family before I went into business for myself and took their well meaning but uninformed messages to heart...

Good luck.

I guess this reply is to the last two questions posted on the subject of budget.

My plans are simply to gather at least two dozens interested web co-owners together to discuss benefits & features, and collectively vote and agree upon a budget and how to assess it to the members.

Let's have faith and everything shall be all right.

Let's have faith and everything shall be all right.

Words to live by, but I think with any business proposition more relying more on reason and logic would be a wiser course of action.

Just to be clear, this is something you think 24 people should be in on and agree with? I'm curious to see how far this one goes.

This is not a bad idea. In fact, I've thought about doing something similar for years but have never been able to block out enough time to work on the project.

I'd love to hear more details.

Your plan may or may not work exactly as you have outlined it. However, that doesn't mean that your are going to fail. It just means that you may need to make adjustments or corrections along the way.

There are a lot of Negative Nellie in this thread. If it took a poll of my friends and family before I went into business for myself and took their well meaning but uninformed messages to heart...

Good luck.

Please read the original thread for two reasons:

My signature does not allow me to list the new members any longer, as they are growing so rapidly. I just list them in the original thread.

Secondly, more comprehensive description of the project and more explanation.

I do however have a small agreement that I like folks to agree with before they join this web group.

I just post my required agreement here:

Introduction and Policy Agreement​

Dear Fellow Website Co-Owners:

We gather here to create a place of our own website in the vast world of the Internet.
By joining this community of Licensed Insurance Agents and Brokers, you’ll gain the exclusive access to the leads that will be generated through this website.

Your involvement with this website shall be indefinite and can not be revoked or canceled, unless voluntary resigned, or it’s been decided by popular vote of a special meetings of the remaining members for reasons included but not limited to the following:

Unlawful activities;
Fraudulent or misleading or unethical business practices;
Excessive amounts of complaints filed with the site or any of it’s members;
Not contacting the clients, ignoring reasonable demands, gross lack of attention;
Intentionally placing client’s security at risk, deceiving, stealing, cheating, etc.;
Suspensions, revocation, expiration of your Insurance License;
Other determining factors not mentioned above.

I understand by agreeing to this contract, I’ll be entitled to one territory that is both reasonable and immediate to the state that I reside at.

I also shall be entitled to one vote whether I use it personally or assign it to another member. All meetings and new proposals shall be via electronic listserv or similar. Voting proxies shall be e-mailed and a winning 51% is considered approval of the vote.
The winning vote shall be binding on all members despite of their differences.

All leads produced in this area are 100% free and immediately delivered to the member for client contact and origination.

There would be no out of state exclusivity available, however if a lead is produced from a territory that has not been occupied by a fellow member, that lead would become available for purchase to the other members or non-member insurance community through a PayPal style bid-now auction.

All proceeds collected shall be deposited into the business account of this website and shall be used toward promotional advertising and other operating expenses of the site.

I understand Saeid Bahman and/or hereby affectionately referred to as “Cy” is the founder and the original idea man behind the creation of this website. I agree to compensate all his efforts and his dedication to this website by allowing him to maintain 10 voting rights, and in the event if the remaining members deciding to expel him from the website, a severance pay of equal to 10% of the current market value of the site to paid to him prior to taking of any negative actions such as cutting off his lead supplies, or other similar actions, his severance pay must be paid up in order his position is to be relinquished.

There are no other special benefits or gratuities given to him other than what has already been mentioned above.

Having read the above rules and conditions and fully agreeing to it’s content I hereby electing to become a member of this team, and participate towards it’s success.

By: __________________________ Print: Date: _______

DBA, if any:____________________________________________________________

Business Address:

City: County: State:

E-Mail: Cell # Bus #

Web: Home # Fax #

Insurance License State: License No:

License Types:

Desired Territory: (Please be as detailed as possible)

Last edited:
Do you have a budget or a plan of sorts?

Insurance is one of the most competitive arena's online. SEO costs will probably exceed $10k a month and not see results for a least a year.

Let's say SEO and to maintain the website cost $100K per month. Low balling the numbers- Lets say 4 members per state = 200 members. $100K/200 members = $500 per month per member. $500/22 working days per month = Approx. $23 per day. Now if the site can generate at least 2 leads per day per member then that is less than $12 a pop for a somewhat "Exclusive Lead".

Now I would imagine that you could divide the leads by categories (example- health, life, annuities, FE, LTC, etc) and only allow a certain number of agents/members per lead catergory. Obviously the more agents then the membership fees goes down or the website budget increases.

Doesn't sound bad at all if the $100K/month budget is in line.

Back