Let's Create a Shared Insurance Website

No such thing as "exclusive" lead. You don't know where the prospect was or where they will go next.

Also...value of these leads would be in the $8-$10 range...assuming top-notch phrases to attract customers.

And 100K per month SEO? No.

No such thing as "exclusive" lead. You don't know where the prospect was or where they will go next.

Also...value of these leads would be in the $8-$10 range...assuming top-notch phrases to attract customers.

Ditto. 100k/month in SEO seems more than a little excessive. Waiting over a year to see a result seems even more crazy!

Faith without works is dead, according to the bible. So it will be planning and implementation.

Something to consider. What happens when (not if) an agent is paying for this and gets a few "bad" leads, how do you handle the backlash?

Let's have faith and everything shall be all right.

I guess you could hire a bunch of article writers, blog writers and people to create content on your social media accounts.

However, if one's budget was that high it should generate traffic in a matter of weeks and it may ultimately be cheap traffic.

I'm just speculating about the SEO spend. I don't have any experience with large SEO campaign.

However I do know that you can do 100K a month in PPC and make money right away. By right away I mean after you have tested your keywords ads and landing pages.

In my experience it takes $2,000 to $4,000 per month to support an agent using PPC exclusively.

I spend a lot less now because we're doing well with SEO and I'm not interested in expanding the agency. (I'm focusing on my leadgen business.)

NFYC plus bonuses might equal about trebble the ad spend. $2,000 times 12 months = $24,000. $24,000 * 3 = $72,000. $72,000 - $24,000 = $48,000 (net after ad spend but before other expenses).

Of course your market may be different. The above is just my experience with my small agency.

Something to consider. What happens when (not if) an agent is paying for this and gets a few "bad" leads, how do you handle the backlash?

I tell agents before I take their money that they'll get bad leads and sometimes the response rate is low and there won't even be many. I have that conversation upfront but sometimes I still get serious backlash. Better make sure they send it bank certified AND you have a contract stating what the expectations are. Any new telemarketing clients I take on I have sign an agreement that says flat out there are no refunds and no guarantees on the results. I'm not sure it would hold up in court, but at least it makes it clear what I committed to and people usually take poor results better if they know what can happen. On an aside, the last client I picked up got a 3.2% response rate on a med supp campaign!

Free Exclusive Leads Forever! Search for "Let's Create a Shared Insurance Website", as of today the following territories have been reserved:

Northern California
Southern California
South Carolina
Central Texas
Ohio
NY City & Long Island
Eastern Michigan
Metro Atlanta

Exclusive Leads, Free to Join, Own for Life. Don't Snooze.

You can spend 100k a month on this and still not generate leads. You need to be very careful on how you do this.

1. You are not going to compete if your site is that broad. Life insurance is too competitive. You have to split them up. One for life, one for health etc.

SEO is the biggest scam on earth right now they will take your money quicker then you can type SEO. The good ones do not advertise because they do not need too. If an SEO is so good he would be rich. Kind of like a stock broker don't forget that.

I am a former producer turned lead generator. I think your idea is novel but the one thing that you have to understand with lead generation is this: The biggest problem with leads is the agents. Ignore this at your peril.

You need ot assume that 80% of your new partners will turn out to be fruitcake and if they give you money their time horizon is next week.

The life insurance lead generation business has changed a lot in the last few years. You used to be able to buy leads from the top ten sites in google for the keyword "life insurance" but you can not any more. Why? Because any one spending that kind of money is not going to sell or give the lead to an agent. Instead they have a well trained call center handling the leads.

Metlife and Prudential are the biggest online marketers for life insurance. Their leads do not go to the agents.

I think it is possible if you keep it to a smaller group of guys you know and trust.

Start small create a landing page and try Google adwords or just take my advice, you can not generate an exclusive valid lead for less then $100 until you learn the ropes. And even then you are not generating leads for $10 or $20 ....etc

This is not a bad idea. In fact, I've thought about doing something similar for years but have never been able to block out enough time to work on the project.

I'd love to hear more details.

Your plan may or may not work exactly as you have outlined it. However, that doesn't mean that your are going to fail. It just means that you may need to make adjustments or corrections along the way.

There are a lot of Negative Nellie in this thread. If it took a poll of my friends and family before I went into business for myself and took their well meaning but uninformed messages to heart...

Good luck.

I agree on both counts: Great idea and way too many Negative people on this site.

Let's get it touch and brainstorm along these lines.

One of the problems with going it alone is picking up all those non-resident licenses. You may get just a few leads from one particular state and get no sales whatsoever. Whereas a network of agents would have already have their licenses and would only have the advertising costs for the sites.

Last edited:
Congratulation Flora just took "South Central PA" territory.

Free Exclusive Leads Forever! Search for "Let's Create a Shared Insurance Website", as of today the following territories have been reserved:

Northern California
Southern California
South Carolina
Central Texas
Ohio
NY City & Long Island
Eastern Michigan
Metro Atlanta
Cook, Kane, Du Page Counties
South Central PA

Would anyone else like to join this website? Don't have a crystal ball, wouldn't know unless asked.

Exclusive Leads, Free to Join, Own for Life. Don't Snooze.

Last edited:
Back