Life Insurance for People with Dementia

With Preneed the insured does not have to even be aware of the policy. But I don't know of any Preneed companies that sell in New York.

Apparently the sale of Preneed insurance is not allowed in NY.

It seems that life insurance is not allowed in New York unless the company is based in New York.

New York is very anti-consumer when it comes to life insurance.

The company doesn't have to be based in New York but if they sell insurance in New York, they have to use NY's commission restrictions in all jurisdictions where the company does business in addition to abiding to other NY requirements. Rather than do that, companies charter a "sister" company to write business only in the state of NY.

I have heard through agents who are appointed through NBL (a Primerica affiliate in NY) that they receive well above the capped commissions including expense reimbursement for NY state. Not sure how they do it, however his theory is that is has do do with the agency paying the commissions to NY state agents being separate from Primerica and domiciled outside of NY state. I know it sounds confusing but since these commissions are being paid out to NY agents for Primerica, there could be some truth to this, right? Maybe therein lays the loophole?

Wouldn't history of Dementia be an auto-decline for anything that's not guaranteed issue? I assume she needs 24/7 care and assistance with DLAs - is she confined to any special health care facilities?

No. She is living at home with her daughter and only receives home care when the daughter is not available. I assume that it would be only non-med as well although her vitals and physical health is excellent.

Latest posts

Back