Life-P&C Referral

BenS

Guru
100+ Post Club
Arizona
I've looked everywhere for some info on this but can't find anything. At the moment I sell life insurance exclusively, primarily final expense. I often find clients that ask me about P&C insurance. Most often auto, sometimes business etc. It usually comes about after I talk about how I'm independent and how that allows me to find the best rates. They then ask if I can also save them money on their other insurance products.

Is there a large P+C brokerage out there that will take this type of business for a split? I would prefer them to be multi-state licensed. I have a large broker that I use for all my term business that is full service and handles everything after the initial sale. They even have the option of just taking the info and making the sale themselves for a 50/50 split. This is what I'm looking for on the P&C side. Does this exist?

Considering how low the commissions are I doubt you'll get a 50/50. I'm happy if I get a thank you from a P&C guy on a referral.

Considering how low the commissions are I doubt you'll get a 50/50. I'm happy if I get a thank you from a P&C guy on a referral.

Seriously? They don't even get you 25 bucks or something?

Maybe that's why I'm so broke...waiting on renewals rather than spending the new business.

Tough one - Auto pays so low, by the time you split - even if it were 50/50 for PL - BUT - If you are P&C Licensed and if you can drum up commercial in the environmental arena try calling Bill Lohman owner of
Legends Environmental Insurance Services, LLC. - he is multi-state and I believe he has a P/L / BOP market - If you writing this stuff in CA you might talk with Roger Stone Auto Insurance Newport Beach - Home - Business - Earthquake - Flood - CA - Roger Stone Insurance Agency License #: 0821541 - They both may entertain additional buis :) AND Roger has Mercury Ins -

Yeah it's a tough one... Basically I've got a lead source that provides about 40-50 gen liability, work comp, and auto bundled policies per year. All three of those together I would assume are a decent commission. I would just get licensed myself and do them, but they are from all over the country, so it just doesn't seem feasible.

If I was doing P+C, I would take a comm split if somebody was just giving me a sale and all I had to do was fax over some apps.

A split, sure, but n 50/50. Now if you're talking a volume of commercial stuff instead of a few personal policies, that also makes a difference. Even at tha, it a lot more than faxing in an app.

It's not so much a split that's important for the P & C guy. He should look at this as a multi-year customer and that is worth something I would think. I bet many would give you 1/2 of the initial commission.
I'm P & C licensed in Florida and some other states but I don't do anything with it since I left USAA. Once I start getting some of these "leads" incidental to my life business, I'll call some P & C shops and see what they say. I'd be happy with a $25 AMEX gift card and then hope they toss something my way one day.

Yeah, not exactly looking for a 50/50 split if that isn't fair. I was just using the example I have seen on the life side. Ezlifesales has a program that you can refer life business to and you get half the commission once they make the sale. I know this is different than P&C, but that is just the only example I could think of.

Back