Listshack Pro website issues

Some of you are pretty quick to pass judgement! I understand you’re upset, but his FB explanation is pretty recent. Certainly, dispute charges with your bank for services not received, but reporting to AG? Please!!! Give the guy a minute!

This recent behavior is completely out of character for Josh. I know it sounds fishy to you that it could be a medical issue, but that’s only because you’ve never been through it or known someone else who has. My best friend died from brain cancer a few years ago. Our first clue that something was wrong was a marked change in his personality and behavior. This generous, warm hearted, caring individual nearly completely changed in a very short period of time to an angry, self centered, bad tempered, mean son of a gun! That happened a few weeks before he developed more serious physical symptoms that caused him to finally seek medical advice. The tumor they discovered was inoperable and very aggressive, and ultimately incurable. But they were able to relieve the pressure that had built up on his brain and mitigate many of his symptoms, including the alteration in behavior. After the pressure was relieved he was back to his old self! People would come to visit him in the hospital to encourage him and end up being encouraged by him!

That’s just one example of a medical issue that can affect behavior. There are many other examples, and not all as life threatening as brain cancer, so I’m praying for the best for Josh, and appealing for patience on his behalf.

Some of you are pretty quick to pass judgement! I understand you’re upset, but his FB explanation is pretty recent. Certainly, dispute charges with your bank for services not received, but reporting to AG? Please!!! Give the guy a minute!

This recent behavior is completely out of character for Josh. I know it sounds fishy to you that it could be a medical issue, but that’s only because you’ve never been through it or known someone else who has. My best friend died from brain cancer a few years ago. Our first clue that something was wrong was a marked change in his personality and behavior. This generous, warm hearted, caring individual nearly completely changed in a very short period of time to an angry, self centered, bad tempered, mean son of a gun! That happened a few weeks before he developed more serious physical symptoms that caused him to finally seek medical advice. The tumor they discovered was inoperable and very aggressive, and ultimately incurable. But they were able to relieve the pressure that had built up on his brain and mitigate many of his symptoms, including the alteration in behavior. After the pressure was relieved he was back to his old self! People would come to visit him in the hospital to encourage him and end up being encouraged by him!

That’s just one example of a medical issue that can affect behavior. There are many other examples, and not all as life threatening as brain cancer, so I’m praying for the best for Josh, and appealing for patience on his behalf.

To be fair it’s been more than a minute. He’s read my Facebook messages as well and hasn’t responded.

On his Facebook page he also said he was arrested earlier this month in California.

If something is going on fine but you can’t just keep taking money, provide zero product and then ignore all communications. He’s shut down his 800# too.

To be fair it’s been more than a minute. He’s read my Facebook messages as well and hasn’t responded.

On his Facebook page he also said he was arrested earlier this month in California.

If something is going on fine but you can’t just keep taking money, provide zero product and then ignore all communications. He’s shut down his 800# too.
Ok, but you can get your own situation corrected with your bank or credit card’s cooperation. I agree with @somarco . Getting the AG involved is overkill at this point.

When I say “a minute” I euphemistically mean to give him long enough to try to correct his situation, which honestly seems pretty recent (unless you’re relatively young! - Time passes much more quickly for us old geezers! ;)) On the ListShack FB page, he said just yesterday that he will be issuing credits and refunds to everyone affected. In his absence he obviously got locked out of a couple card processing accounts, perhaps due to customer complaints. So my advice is to patiently work through the process with him. I don’t think it’s been long enough yet to declare that he’s purposely being evasive or obfuscating.

I read the rambling FB post about the arrest a couple weeks ago when someone copied and pasted it to another thread. My first thought was that he was having some kind of mental issue. My second thought was this might not even be the same Joshua Stacy. The fact that he now says it’s a medical issue makes perfect sense to me.

Now, just as a disclaimer: While I have been a subscriber to ListShack in the past, I haven’t been recently. So, obviously I’m not experiencing the stress over this that current subscribers would be feeling. But I understand it, having gone through similar situations with a couple of vendors in the past.

I filed a complaint with the AG’s office and hope to get some money back. He’s been auto deducting from me for last two months I’ve been unable to download one list.

I agree his story is suspect at best. If you’re sick and you know you’re sick you stop taking people’s money when you know you’re unable to provide a service. Further, you think he’d put up a statement on his website or Facebook or here during this same time. .

If you search listshack on facebook he did actually post about the issues he is having. He mentioned something about calling your card company to stop charged because hes having trouble getting his to stop them automatic charges and plans on crediting everyone. I dunno he isnt really saying much to those that are upset on the facebook page. I still havent been able to get any response from him via email phone or PM here.
The data has really gotten out of date lately as well. So I plan on canceling my service although I rarely used it to begin with it was only 50 a month so its not a big deal.
It would be nice if he came on here and addressed it so any rumors can be either be put to rest or we find out the truth.

What’s overkill?

Trying to get a hold of someone on a dozen occasions via email, Facebook etc and being ignored while still taking money seems to me to be theft.

The subsequent deduction just happens to occur at the beginning of the month. I usually go in during the middle to third week of every month to download or lists for our lead drops. I just assumed he’d get back to me or the website would be functional again.

I have an expectation and have been using them for years and I assumed it would be corrected but I was wrong.

I’ll use any means available for me to recoup my money. Theft of theft. End of story.

And yes, the AG’s office is currently investigating the claim. Not sure why you think they wouldn’t.
So, what are you out so far...$100? :err:

Not for nothing, but you can't cancel the draft if Josh won't pick up the phone or respond to email requests.

Others are having this same problem as well apparently.

I like Josh and I did business with him in the past and I had a great experience. But others are not having a great experience at all, and as much as we like him, we should want to see him do the right thing by his customers.
You can put a stop pay at the bank......or if it's coming off of a debit card, cancel the card. I know it's a PITA to do, but Josh doesn't have to be involved to get it cancelled.

Good point. My ex brother-in-law came down with Dementia. Then he was diagnosed with liver cancer and had a liver transplant. Shortly after the transplant,,,,,the Dementia went away. :yes:

Good point. My ex brother-in-law came down with Dementia. Then he was diagnosed with liver cancer and had a liver transplant. Shortly after the transplant,,,,,the Dementia went away. :yes:
There is also the possibility that nothing went wrong with Josh’s mental faculties; that it’s purely a physical problem that may have led to him not staying on top of things. Or maybe things just went to hell while he was somehow out of commission. I’m just not sure why there needs to be a rush to judgement. There’s no pattern of deception that anybody can point to. To the contrary, everybody says he’s always been a stand up guy. I’m taking what he says at face value because he’s never given anybody any reason to think otherwise. (But, again, I’ve got no dog in this particular hunt, so...)

Is there a reason why you have not cancelled the draft?

Well lesson learned here. Based on how great everyone kept saying this guy was (and I'm sure it was true at the time at least) I signed up. Reluctantly as it was not paypal, making it impossible to cancel unless you are able to contact the company.

The data that I got was pure Sh*t, and low and behold he's gone. So in this situation, which sounds like he was arrested and has been out for a while now, you FIX IT and stand up like a Man for your customers ASAP. At the very least, and I'm talking the smallest thing you do is send out an email blast to contact them and let them know there are major issues. I certainly have received NO communication whatsoever. So why should people trust him now?

I canceled my card immediately when I found out I couldn't cancel through his "company" if you would call it that. Of course this took up a great deal of time having to change it with all my other vendors I had that card with. That's business. Take action and move on.

But If you can post on FB that you got arrested and whatever else, you're reading people's messages that are sent to you, then you should have the common decency to alert every single person who gave you money to help support your lifestyle and who's CC information that you have on file as to what's going on. THAT'S what should have been done.

I know a lot of you still seem to love the guy, and yes I agree going all "AG" on him is just a complete waste of your own time to be honest, but one's true character shows when the chips are down, NOT when the going is good.

That's the fact, Jack.

Back