Looking to start independent agency

Kevin Schulthies

I am looking to open my own independent agency from scratch. I do know it is not easy but nothing in life is easy and it will be worth it all at the end. I know there are a ton of clusters and aggregators out there and I am looking to do this with a very small overhead. Any suggestions of anyone better than the other?
Thank you

I joined Goosehead. It’s worked well for me. Just hit year 3 and I’m writing around 150k in premium a mo I only had $10k in the bank to start. I enjoy gh because I don’t have to service and I was able to build a steady income in 6 mo. Now I’m hiring. Which is awhile other animal. My 2 guys are straight commission and zero overhead.

I joined Goosehead. It’s worked well for me. Just hit year 3 and I’m writing around 150k in premium a mo I only had $10k in the bank to start. I enjoy gh because I don’t have to service and I was able to build a steady income in 6 mo. Now I’m hiring. Which is awhile other animal. My 2 guys are straight commission and zero overhead.

What’s the buy in cost? And don’t they take 50% commissions?

I am looking to open my own independent agency from scratch. I do know it is not easy but nothing in life is easy and it will be worth it all at the end. I know there are a ton of clusters and aggregators out there and I am looking to do this with a very small overhead. Any suggestions of anyone better than the other?
Thank you

It’s doable if you want to get direct appointments. Or go through a cluster or MGA.

If you get direct appointments, the toughest part is getting your own leads. But look around here there are very nice guides that you can read.

Many good, Better, and BEST ones. Do your homework. If I have time, I would love to chat and help point you some good directions.....

Back