Lumico Med Supp (GA)

zwcoop

Expert
I recently got an email from my FMO introducing Lumico as a new supplement released in GA. I was just curious if anyone has experience or comments about this carrier.

In general is there anyway to gauge what potential price increases are likely to be over time with a new carrier? I was told at some point when I was captive that new companies are allowed to price their supps to undercut the market for a few years but in doing so drives higher rate increases down the road. Maybe this was just another pitch they used to get us to sell over prices products?

In general is there anyway to gauge what potential price increases are likely to be over time with a new carrier? I was told at some point when I was captive that new companies are allowed to price their supps to undercut the market for a few years but in doing so drives higher rate increases down the road. Maybe this was just another pitch they used to get us to sell over prices products?
No way to tell on a brand new company, and they've just shown up on CSG. That's the way the Med Supp business works. New companies are competitive for 2-3 years, then it's time to move your client to one of the new competitive companies that are always coming out. This works out nicely for us, because by helping our client, we get a fresh 6 years of FYC. :yes:

No way to tell on a brand new company, and they've just shown up on CSG. That's the way the Med Supp business works. New companies are competitive for 2-3 years, then it's time to move your client to one of the new competitive companies that are always coming out. This works out nicely for us, because by helping our client, we get a fresh 6 years of FYC. :yes:

CSG?

ahhh ... that's what drives the quote engine I was given access to. Good to know! I assume you have to pay them to have access independent of your FMO

ahhh ... that's what drives the quote engine I was given access to. Good to know! I assume you have to pay them to have access independent of your FMO
Yes, I have access through half a dozen FMO's, but I have my own subscription. For $30 a month(per state up to 5) I get all companies for Med Supp, MAPD, PDP , HIP and FE.

Latest posts

Back