Marketing In Person

An agent I know does this. She is very limited in her insurance knowledge but consistently makes a sale. Mostly smaller sales but in her case she is very parttime and only needs a sale or two. Her hook to get them to her table is GI 'Cancer? Diabetes? Heart attack? Guaranteed Life Insurance, with no medical questions or exams' She only has a couple of SIWL options.

Not something I would be interested in but works for her.

An agent I know does this. She is very limited in her insurance knowledge but consistently makes a sale.

There is an agent in my area and this is all he does - door to door everyday in the city ... he uses the Colonial Penn TV ad script (because you know CP wouldn't use it if it didn't work) "I can get anyone life insurance guaranteed even if you've been turned down before, have a serious illness, drug addiction or you're on probation or parole"*. I replace it almost every time I find it but he must do well as he's been at it for years apparently. I don't know why he doesn't pick up a debit carrier like LBL that can do EFT's and try to get the folks better coverage (he could always take GI paper app as back up).

Anyhow, rather than setting up a table somewhere just go door to door. If you have a product that takes all ages 0-85 then everyone who opens the door is a prospect.

* I'm making the part in italics up ... any similarity to door knockers living or dead is purely coincidental

drug addiction or you're on probation or parole"*

* I'm making the part in italics up ... any similarity to door knockers living or dead is purely coincidental

There is a certain company that used to take up to age 25, now age 17, on a WL child app that the grandmother could take out without the person's SSN or the parent's signature. Limited health questions, no MVR or Felony questions. Up to $50,000 of Whole with GPOs included. Smaller premiums though.

That would be another way to build a book. start with the lowest hanging fruit first.

Last edited:
There is a certain company that used to take up to age 25, now age 17, on a WL child app that the grandmother could take out without thit person's SSN or the parent's signature. Limited health questions, no MVR or Felony questions. Up to $50,000 of Whole with GPOs included. Smaller premiums though.

That would be another way to build a book. start with the lowest hanging fruit first.
There's a life insurance niche. Target parolees. :yes:

There is a certain company that used to take up to age 25, now age 17, on a WL child app that the grandmother could take out without the person's SSN or the parent's signature. Limited health questions, no MVR or Felony questions. Up to $50,000 of Whole with GPOs included. Smaller premiums though.

Interested in which company.

What carriers can I contract with without having my release paperwork in order? Besides Gerber and AIG?

I'm limited to Gerber and Aig because my other 36 appointments need to be released by my ex IMO.

Back